• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:11 AM

On 60 minutes yesterday Sully, the captain of the plane that landed in the Hudson, said he did not pray during the crisis and just stayed focused on the task at hand.

My question for the very religious is would you have prayed? Should he have prayed? If he prayed and the plane crashed, would it have been god's will? If he prayed and they all survived, would it have been heralded as a miracle from god and not the skill of an excellent pilot?

Thoughts?

#2 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:46 AM

Excellent points. I can tell you what they're going to say, though. They'll say he prayed the night before, or some other time, and God heard him.

#3 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

One thing is for certain, I would have pee'd

#4 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:05 AM

Kind of why I never got the whole "Miracle on the Hudson" title. It wasn't a miracle, it was the skill of a great pilot. Leave the miracle status for true miracles, like parting an ocean or something. Wife and I fought about this one night after the incident, the couch gave me a bad kink in my neck that night.

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:28 AM

It's pretty brave of him to be honest about that.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:54 AM

That guy represents what I expect from a senior pilot. So far he is taking all of this attention very well - but I told my g/f and her dad that pretty soon we are going to find out that one of the flight attendants is having an affair, or the copilot owes back taxes, or something - what good are heroes if you can't tear them down?

I would like to know who the idiot was who opened the back door up, that's an internet phenomenon waiting to happen.

#7 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,708 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:57 AM

It's pretty brave of him to be honest about that.

You're right. I fully expect the southern baptist convention to form a lynching mob any day now to go after him.

Poor guy.

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

You're right. I fully expect the southern baptist convention to form a lynching mob any day now to go after him.

Poor guy.

Those people were meant to die! He interfered with God's will!

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

God allowed that plane to land so well because someone at 60 Minutes prayed for a ratings booster to save their job.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

God allowed that plane to land so well because someone at 60 Minutes prayed for a ratings booster to save their job.

An Arab on the plane prayed to Allah that the plane crash, and everyone else started praying to their God that it crash as safely as possible. Everyone's happy.

#11 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

And here we go again. I dont guess anyone else on that plane might have been praying when it was going down. There is no way to answer this without ridicule like always. Thanks again for starting another thread about how prayer is stupid, people who pray are stupid, blah, blah, blah. Im glad you guys have nothing else to talk about.

#12 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

Um, I believe I started the thread with legitimate questions that can have multiple points of view , and never labeled any of them as stupid. Not sure why you would conclude that praying is stupid.

#13 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,584 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:53 AM

I'm sure there were alot of passengers on that airplane praying. Not specific to this thread, but it's truly amazing how much disrespect is thrown at religious folks. I say a quick prayer before every flight I take, which is almost on a weekly basis.

Thank God the right pilot and crew were onboard that flight.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 09 February 2009 - 09:56 AM.

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

Get over yourself. Daring to ask a question about a belief is not disrespect.

#15 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

I'm pretty sure the crew and passengers are glad he was paying attention to getting the plane down safely, and not praying at that moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.