Did I point you out specifically Zod?

I don't mock your worship of Obama.

#17 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

If I may speak for Zod, his point was...when in trouble, should you just give up and start praying to a higher power to save you, or should you keep your eye on the ball and let your own wits save you.

It had nothing to do with the people in the back of the plane.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,245 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

So were those geese the devils minions?

Personally I'm glad the pilot didn't pray....there were probably so many things he had to go through to successfully land a plane in the water. I can bet everything I own (this bag of chips) that a large % of the passengers were praying to whatever deity they beleive in...like they do before any plane crash. They just happened to be able to walk away from this one...

#19 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

If I may speak for Zod, his point was...when in trouble, should you just give up and start praying to a higher power to save you, or should you keep your eye on the ball and let your own wits save you.

Do I want a pilot that lets go of the stick, throws his hands in the air, and says "It's God's will!!!" ?

Hell no.

#20 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

Whats the old saying ? God helps those who first help themselves ?

I'm sure no one was praying on that plane. Nope no one at all.:smilielol5:

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

*sigh*

Should have known better

#22 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,868 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

Yep.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,698 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

That old saying sure comes in handy for some reason. It reminds me of the old witchcraft "spell" that makes you money - put a jar in a room under a witchcraft sign, and whenever you walk by it put in whatever change you have and say some witchy spell, and POOF! soon you will have A JAR FULL OF MONEY!

#24 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,885 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

You're right. I fully expect the southern baptist convention to form a lynching mob any day now to go after him.

Poor guy.

He had a chance to be political and lie (like quite a few people do), but he told the truth, a truth that might disappoint more than a few folks.

#25 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

*sigh*

Should have known better

Thing is you did.
Why ask a question when you are always right in your world anyways ;)

#26 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

Exactly!

#27 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

It is possible that one might pray that the skills and knowledge they have will be employed appropriately and successfully. Praying would not signify "giving up" and praying to be saved.

Reminds me of the story of the guy on the roof in the flood, turning down all boats, helicopters and assistance that came his way ... saying he was "waiting for God to save him." When he dies, he asks God why he didn't save him ... God replies, "I sent a canoe, a row boat, a power boat and a helicopter ... what else do you want?"

#28 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

Oh, dear God. I referenced that same joke in the other thread. Someone kill me now!

#29 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

I actually hope a lot of religious folks would say "yes, I would have prayed." I can respect that type of conviction in a belief. I have family that would answer that way.

If you are religious and would not have prayed, why not? What does that say about your convictions? Go ahead and pray unless the sh*t is really hitting the fan? Isn't that when praying would be MOST important?

#30 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,885 posts

Want my honest opinion? Things that happen do not have a meaning and are not a higher power trying to get you to do a certain action (this is not saying there's not a higher power. There very obviously is.)

Things only have meaning when we assign meaning to them. Things do not happen for a reason; things happen because they happen.

Still, we would do well to go back and create a reason for them. We should let our brains tell the story in reverse. Otherwise, life can be a miserable, terrible scramble of random events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.