Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tattoorhino

Christians are idiots, stupid, and fat!!

215 posts in this topic

It's not a coin flip argument as has been explained many times here. Saying "I don't know" is intellectually honest. Saying "God did it" is not.

But what about saying "I don't know, PERHAPS God did it?" :D

An agnostic thinks exactly that. God, fate, FSM.....who knows.

But what about saying "I don't know, PERHAPS God did it?" :D

I was under the impression you guys weren't allowed to have that stance?

I think they generally handle this conundrum the same way they handle fellow Baptists in the liquor store.

It's not a coin flip argument as has been explained many times here. Saying "I don't know" is intellectually honest. Saying "God did it" is not.

Well put.

Only from your viewpoint. Not from that of someone who believes in God.

It's not a viewpoint. It's the truth - you can "believe" all you want, and you could be right, but the truth is that you do not know.

I can readily admit that their could be a Creator - and in fact, it's as likely as not. I do however, believe that based on all the evidence in hand, that the world religions that claim to have a handle on what a Creator is to us are all designed not to seek truth, but to comfort and/or control us.

"Faith" demands that you discount direct evidence to the contrary in order to follow a certain belief system. Just think about that Martin Luther statement quoted here several times, and understand that it is necessary to drop intellectual honesty in order to be attached to a religion. The only difference is where the person decides to drop the pretense of logic in favor of myth. Some Christians think that the biblical literalists are way off base with their "museums" showing people riding dinosaurs, yet have no problem defending wealth accumulation and war in direct contridiction of Jesus' message of poverty and pacifism.

Only from your viewpoint. Not from that of someone who believes in God.

And if someone believed in a huge spaghetti monster? Would "knowing" he exists despite lack of any proof whatsoever be intellectually honest?

And would there be "intellectual" discussions as to whether He actually flies or not?

This week on CBN: A 4 part documentary - "Whither Wings? What does God need with a set of flapping appendages?"