Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tattoorhino

Christians are idiots, stupid, and fat!!

215 posts in this topic

Sorry, wrong. Your statements were about intellectual honesty, and in reality you can't honestly say you "know" that there isn't a God.

For my part, I've seen plenty in my lifetime that's reinforced my faith. Enough that there's no longer any question in my mind that God is out there. Thus, it would be dishonest for me to say "I don't know" because in my belief system, I do.

So if I say I believe God did something, that's an intellectually honest statement based on my beliefs. If you say you don't know whether God had a hand in something or not, that's honest based on your beliefs, but not more honest than mine based on my beliefs.

Can I prove it to someone else? No, and neither can you, but the notion that either belief is more "intellectual" is a way of saying Christians are less intelligent, and that's a falsehood.

I have the guts to admit that there are people just as smart as me, and even smarter, who believe differently than I do. It doesn't shake my faith or my ideas. It's just an acknowledgement of reality.

Can you guys make the same statement, or do you prefer the cowardly approach of just declaring anyone who disagrees with you to be "dumber than you"?

Sorry, wrong. Your statements were about intellectual honesty, and in reality you can't honestly say you "know" that there isn't a God.

For my part, I've seen plenty in my lifetime that's reinforced my faith. Enough that there's no longer any question in my mind that God is out there. Thus, it would be dishonest for me to say "I don't know" because in my belief system, I do.

So if I say I believe God did something, that's an intellectually honest statement based on my beliefs. If you say you don't know whether God had a hand in something or not, that's honest based on your beliefs, but not more honest than mine based on my beliefs.

Can I prove it to someone else? No, and neither can you, but the notion that either belief is more "intellectual" is a way of saying Christians are less intelligent, and that's a falsehood.

I have the guts to admit that there are people just as smart as me, and even smarter, who believe differently than I do. It doesn't shake my faith or my ideas. It's just an acknowledgement of reality.

Can you guys make the same statement, or do you prefer the cowardly approach of just declaring anyone who disagrees with you to be "dumber than you"?

You are still not getting it. No one has said anyone is dumber than anyone else.

You can say you believe there is a god all day long, thats not intellectually dishonest.

If you go so far as to say it is a fact and you know there is a god, that is intellectually dishonest.

There is a difference.

and in reality you can't honestly say you "know" that there isn't a God.

Can you honestly say you "know" there is not a flying spaghetti monster?

You just presented a logical fallacy. Not uncommon in those defending faith as fact.

And would there be "intellectual" discussions as to whether He actually flies or not?

Oh he flies, he flies. I saw him once after eating a spoiled can of potato soup.

I believe in chimps who eat people's hands and tear off their faces.

I believe in chimps who eat people's hands and tear off their faces.

That chimp didn't go crazy, that chimp went chimp.

You are still not getting it. No one has said anyone is dumber than anyone else.

You can say you believe there is a god all day long, thats not intellectually dishonest.

If you go so far as to say it is a fact and you know there is a god, that is intellectually dishonest.

There is a difference.

Sorry, wrong. The only thing that would be dishonest would be for me to say I don't know. Now if I said I could prove it, that would be another matter.

And as far as no one saying it, please. There are loads of posts on here suggesting that anyone who subscribes to any sort of religion is weak minded. That sort of thing is pure cowardice.

Yeah it's apples to oranges.

And let's say that indeed God Himself killed my daughter and I was the only one there at the time. Would my defense of "God did it" get me off of the murder rap in your view? Or would you say "that guy is nuts".

Good question. Honestly I don't know how I would respond. I know God doesn't take direct action in peoples lives like that anymore, choosing instead to work threw people now. On the other hand I don't put it past God to act in anybodies life in any way he sees fit.

So, unless I was a member of a jury and had to come to a judgment against you, I would just leave the matter in Gods hands and not judge you without knowing all the specific details.

Sorry, wrong. The only thing that would be dishonest would be for me to say I don't know. Now if I said I could prove it, that would be another matter.

And as far as no one saying it, please. There are loads of posts on here suggesting that anyone who subscribes to any sort of religion is weak minded. That sort of thing is pure cowardice.

Keep trying...

i have to side with mister scot on this one. i don't think knowing something is really dishonest. i know that religion was invented by man and is one of the stupidest and most ridiculous concepts that exist, and there is absolutely no chance that there is a "god." the thought never enters my mind, the question and concept in general doesn't exist to me. i can say that i know there isn't a god and be honest about it.

it's always seemed to me like a lot of agnostics are just atheists who don't want to offend.