Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tattoorhino

Christians are idiots, stupid, and fat!!

215 posts in this topic

it's always seemed to me like a lot of agnostics are just atheists who don't want to offend.

I don't think I have ever been accused of not wanting to offend someone.

To me, I think its possible there is an intelligent designer of some sort. If there is, it certainly has not decided to reveal itself to us. They still don't know why atomic particles don't just fly off into no where, why they magically stick together. After all, 99.9 percent of an atom is empty space. Maybe there is something great holding it all together. Who knows? Not me.

Keep trying...

I'm not that bored.

Bottom line: In your belief system, you can't comprehend the notion of knowing something that you can't prove. In mine, I can, and it isn't intellectually dishonest for me to say that. It's just a difference in beliefs and presuppositions.

Would you say Rodeo is being intellectually dishonest in his statements as well? He says he "knows".

I'm not that bored.

Bottom line: In your belief system, you can't comprehend the notion of knowing something that you can't prove. In mine, I can, and it isn't intellectually dishonest for me to say that. It's just a difference in beliefs and presuppositions.

Would you say Rodeo is being intellectually dishonest in his statements as well?

Once you figure out the difference between faith and fact, belief and knowledge, you will be all set.

If Rodeo says its a fact that there is no god, I find that intellectually dishonest as well.

I hope hell has the internet, if so I promise to post on here the real answers once I kick the bucket.

and the answer is.... Jehovahs Witness!

Unless we've redefined the word "know," both Mr. Scot and Rodeo are wrong about their stances.

Unless we've redefined the word "know," both Mr. Scot and Rodeo are wrong about their stances.

You believe it's not possible to know what you can't prove. I believe it is. It's a different framework, but I wouldn't suggest that my system makes me more intellectual than someone else. Would you say that of yours?

I don't think I have ever been accused of not wanting to offend someone.

offend was the wrong word. more like an intellectual out so they can approach arguments from higher ground and can't get trapped in the usual "you think everyone who doesn't believe is dumb" or "not believing is a religion too!" bs arguments.

You believe it's not possible to know what you can't prove. I believe it is. It's a different framework, but I wouldn't suggest that my system makes me more intellectual than someone else. Would you say that of yours?

No, you cannot. You can believe something you can't prove. Not sure why you think thats a bad thing? Belief can be very powerful.

So you know Jesus is the Son of God and a good friend of mine knows he was only a prophet. You both are right according to your system, as both can know something without verification.

I think the rest of us are thinking in terms of reality, which has nothing to do with your own personal perception. Knowledge and fact are terms reserved for concrete things that can be proven or at the very least observed. Belief and faith are used to deal with things more abstract in nature.

No. I would say the opposite, actually. My ability to say "I don't know" makes my system more intellectual (and intellectually honest as well) than your system in that yours is little more than opinion presented as fact.

History is riddled with people who "knew" they were right that turned out to be wrong. The ability to admit doubt makes for a more intellectual stance.

That chimp didn't go crazy, that chimp went chimp.

I don't believe some poor woman going over to help a friend and getting her hands bitten off and her face pulled off was God's will.