Photo
- - - - -

Christians are idiots, stupid, and fat!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
214 replies to this topic

#169 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

You believe it's not possible to know what you can't prove. I believe it is. It's a different framework, but I wouldn't suggest that my system makes me more intellectual than someone else. Would you say that of yours?

No. I would say the opposite, actually. My ability to say "I don't know" makes my system more intellectual (and intellectually honest as well) than your system in that yours is little more than opinion presented as fact.

History is riddled with people who "knew" they were right that turned out to be wrong. The ability to admit doubt makes for a more intellectual stance.

#170 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

That chimp didn't go crazy, that chimp went chimp.

I don't believe some poor woman going over to help a friend and getting her hands bitten off and her face pulled off was God's will.

#171 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

You can believe something you can't prove

but you also don't have to prove a negative. atheism is the default state we are born in, and depending on where we are born and where our parents were born, we're then taught the deviation.

i know there is no supernatural as sure as i know that rayleigh scattering makes the sky look blue, and as sure as i know my dog doesn't have antlers. why? it's observable. there is a distinct absence of antlers, and there is a distinct absence of anything existing outside of the laws of physics. so, yes, i know there is no god.

#172 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:25 PM

but you also don't have to prove a negative. atheism is the default state we are born in, and depending on where we are born and where our parents were born, we're then taught the deviation.

i know there is no supernatural as sure as i know that rayleigh scattering makes the sky look blue, and as sure as i know my dog doesn't have antlers. why? it's observable. there is a distinct absence of antlers, and there is a distinct absence of anything existing outside of the laws of physics. so, yes, i know there is no god.

Depends on your definition of God, doesn't it? My definition/idea of God is a lot like Mother Nature. A force that keeps the universe bound together. Doesn't give a poo who wins a football game. Doesn't stop tragedy from happening. Doesn't want you to give some preacher half your life savings. When you die, you're still a part of it all somehow. Unless you're a cosmonaut floating halfway to the next galaxy.

#173 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

Depends on your definition of God, doesn't it? My definition/idea of God is a lot like Mother Nature. A force that keeps the universe bound together. Doesn't give a sh*t who wins a football game. Doesn't stop tragedy from happening. Doesn't want you to give some preacher half your life savings. When you die, you're still a part of it all somehow. Unless you're a cosmonaut floating halfway to the next galaxy.

yes it does depend on your definition. the one you gave is natural, not supernatural. it's the Hawking answer and it's perfectly acceptable. he and i (we're friends) are perfectly fine with 'god' as long as it fits into the laws of physics.

#174 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

I agree that Scot and Rodeo are both off base from that completely unemotional, logical base. Rodeo cannot say unequivically that there is no God because he has no substantiating evidence. Scot cannot say unequivically that there is a God for the same reason.

I can say that I cannot disprove Gods existence, but based on the substantiating evidence as presented to me, the idea of the Christian, or any other known, God is fallacy.

God can feel free to make Himself known to me at any time He wishes, at which point I will happily tell all of you that you are going to Hell. Until then, I stick with logic and reason.

#175 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

yes it does depend on your definition. the one you gave is natural, not supernatural. it's the Hawking answer and it's perfectly acceptable. he and i (we're friends) are perfectly fine with 'god' as long as it fits into the laws of physics.

Is he moving to the US or something? Some new job?

#176 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Rodeo cannot say unequivically that there is no God because he has no substantiating evidence.

i sure do :)

#177 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

God created the Laws of Physics

#178 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

Is he moving to the US or something? Some new job?

i know he had to retire from cambridge last month, but i'm not sure what he has lined up.

#179 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

God created the Laws of Physics

even if that's the case, it's impossible for him to get kurt warner all those super bowls if he's operating entirely within them.

#180 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

both Women and God have perogatives.