Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Daytona 500 thread

92 posts in this topic

It was a good race to me, i saw a few complaints about the racing due to the two car packs and between the leaders or whatever but i think there was some badass racing in the pack and i saw quite a few impressive saves..i enjoyed it, plus the race had rookie in his second start ends up winning by holding off the pack for like 6 laps , he also threw a nice block on edwards which was pretty cool.

What was really cool is seeing the famous 21 go back to victory lane with the wood brothers power and the same paint scheme david pearson ran.

I really wanted to see jpm win and he looked good on the 2nd gwc but he and kurt bush just lost the draft on the white flag lap, i was freakin bummed ... especially since he came back from 2 spins to contend for the win.

All in all good race, jr ran strong, kyle bush, edwards, regan or hamlin didn't win and nobody got hurt..

Can't wait for next weekend!

It was a good race to me, i saw a few complaints about the racing due to the two car packs and between the leaders or whatever but i think there was some badass racing in the pack and i saw quite a few impressive saves..i enjoyed it, plus the race had rookie in his second start ends up winning by holding off the pack for like 6 laps , he also threw a nice block on edwards which was pretty cool.

What was really cool is seeing the famous 21 go back to victory lane with the wood brothers power and the same paint scheme david pearson ran.

I really wanted to see jpm win and he looked good on the 2nd gwc but he and kurt bush just lost the draft on the white flag lap, i was freakin bummed ... especially since he came back from 2 spins to contend for the win.

All in all good race, jr ran strong, kyle bush, edwards, regan or hamlin didn't win and nobody got hurt..

Can't wait for next weekend!

I kinda liked to two car drafting in today's race.

i will need to see bayne win on an oval track before i say he is the next dale earnhardt like most people are now

Agreed. Nascar has had some one or two race wonders before. Lets see if he can run consistently. And as much as I enjoyed seeing them win today, running consistently in the Wood Bros car will be difficult.

Edited to add, I think you mean short track not oval. Daytona is an oval, well a trioval anyway.

I loved the race. Plenty of racing even with the 2 car packs. It was exciting all the way through. Good for Bayne he drove his heart out today. Great way to start the season! Ready for Phoenix!

hopefully bayne doesnt turn into a casey mears or brian vickers

i will need to see bayne win on an oval track before i say he is the next dale earnhardt like most people are now

Who is saying this?

Who is saying this?

This.^^ I heard him being compared to Logano yesterday, but not the next Earnhardt.

Too Bad Bayne's Win or the Points don't count for him..

Too Bad Bayne's Win or the Points don't count for him..

I thought I heard the announcer say that Bayne checked some card that indicated he wanted his points to count towards one of the other series. Maybe I misunderstood him, but that makes very little sense.