Photo
- - - - -

Want ot wait till after the first round to get a QB??

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#76 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,020 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

You are using the personal media workout saying that these reasons have been debunked which is not true at all. Neither has the offensive philosophy, his ability to read a defense, his ability to take drops and stay in the pocket, his ability to shift his weight from back to front quicker, etc.

None have been bebunked. If they were all debunked and no one had questions about him, wouldn't he be #1 on more boards than just 6?

I is "att least 6" which means it could be more.

#77 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

I don't want a dude who was caught with a stolen lap top, caught cheating at college (several times), issued 12 traffic citations in 2 years and investigated by the SEC and NCAA in a pay for play scheme.

Criminal in training, no thank you.

either trolling or narrow minded.

either way it's pretty petty and weak.

#78 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

either trolling or narrow minded.

either way it's pretty petty and weak.

JOAT trolling? :rolleyes:

#79 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

I wouldn't expect anything less out of you. You are a Cam fan, we get it. Chill out till the combine.

you don't want newton discussed until after the combine. chill out until then.

if you don't like people saying positive things about newton then stay out of those threads. if you don't want any discussion about him, quit discussing him and avoid the subject.

it's easy enough for you to do unless you are obsessed with him for some reason.

if you don't think anything should be talked about until the combine then quit talking about him. it's not hurting you that there are still conversations about him going on.

no one is going to talk about someone or not talk about someone because of you. you are irrelevant and insignificant until you quit posting this same stuff over and over (and maybe for a good while after that).

#80 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

JOAT trolling? :rolleyes:

it's one or the other.

he doesn't want us to draft a QB. he's made it abundantly clear that they would be dumb for doing so....yet he keeps posting the same crap over and over. he's been doing that for months. hasn't really had anything worth contributing so he just keeps on being a broken record.

he thinks that some kid making mistakes a few years ago, pretty minor mistakes at that in the whole scheme of things along with allegations that have never been proven to be true makes someone a criminal in training...even though he has kept his nose clean since leaving florida.

either he's wanting to piss people off with that pettiness (aka trolling) or he's being really petty.

also seems pretty funny that he is baiting KT. JOAT has been power tripping for a long time so it's not out of the ordinary for him to pull that crap. he's looking for someone to ban.

#81 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

as far as drafting a QB, go big or go home. I'm not on a 1st round QB bandwagon yet but I would run around downtown Charlotte naked on-fire if we drafted a QB round 2/3.

#82 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:34 PM

......blah blah blah....

It's not so much the fact that people are discussing him because he's very interesting, but the whole idea that anything not 100% positive about him that is said is considered blasphemy is ridiculous. Those people saying "he's debunked" everything negative about him before the combine even starts? Because some media workout? Come on.

Other people are discussing Cam in a great way, talking about pros and cons, even the Cam nuthuggers can sometimes see how there could be a negative about him and admit that it will be explored, which is fine, but then others only want great things said about him and it's silly.

#83 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,756 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

So people need to allow positive remarks and opinions about Newton, but no one is allowed to speak against him? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Petty? Newton's character concerns are on everyone's radar, his background will be checked very thoroughly- it's a concern for everyone, that's why it's constantly brought up and not just by me.

There's nothing pety about his pattern of behavior. If it was one incident that would be petty, but he showing a penchant for making bad decisions off the field.

I didn't bait KT, didn't need to. He's always ready to travel that road and the pavement came out from under him.

#84 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

It was be absolutely amazing if we got a Matt Cassel in the 7th...but only the Pats would be able to pull that off. :(

#85 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

It's not so much the fact that people are discussing him because he's very interesting, but the whole idea that anything not 100% positive about him that is said is considered blasphemy is ridiculous. Those people saying "he's debunked" everything negative about him before the combine even starts? Because some media workout? Come on.

Other people are discussing Cam in a great way, talking about pros and cons, even the Cam nuthuggers can sometimes see how there could be a negative about him and admit that it will be explored, which is fine, but then others only want great things said about him and it's silly.

didn't read it.

#86 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

didn't read it.

LOL sweet man. Do you want a trophy?

#87 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

So people need to allow positive remarks and opinions about Newton, but no one is allowed to speak against him? Seems a bit hypocritical.

Petty? Newton's character concerns are on everyone's radar, his background will be checked very thoroughly- it's a concern for everyone, that's why it's constantly brought up and not just by me.

There's nothing pety about his pattern of behavior. If it was one incident that would be petty, but he showing a penchant for making bad decisions off the field.

I didn't bait KT, didn't need to. He's always ready to travel that road and the pavement came out from under him.

I'd like to know is there anything you like about Newton? You have only posted his downfalls what about his upsides?

#88 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

if the only issues are 12 speeding tickets in 2 years (3 years ago), 3 years ago buying a laptop that happened to be stolen (did he know before hand? if not, then a non-issue), and 3 years ago taking an unethical shortcut writing papers (just means he wasn't a great or commited student, has no bearing at all on his ability to play the game), and some allegations of getting paid to play that were never proved to be true, then there is no reason to not draft him.

anyone who makes a big deal about them is being petty if there has been no oether instances of him getting in trouble and there is nothing to be proven about the paid to play allegations (if there were something to it, they would have found it by now as heavily investigated as it was). those who use that as the main reason for not drafting him (or wanting him drafted) are just looking for a reason to not draft him and they are grasping at straws.

the team that selects him in spite of his youthful indiscretions (which really aren't that big a deal), but who thinks that his talent and skill set are worth picking will be benefiting in a huge way... much in the same way the eagles did with vick, only with a much bigger long term payout.

#89 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,415 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

LOL sweet man. Do you want a trophy?

didn't read it.

#90 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:32 PM

anyone who makes a big deal about them is being petty if there has been no oether instances of him getting in trouble and there is nothing to be proven about the paid to play allegations (if there were something to it, they would have found it by now as heavily investigated as it was). those who use that as the main reason for not drafting him (or wanting him drafted) are just looking for a reason to not draft him and they are grasping at straws.

the team that selects him in spite of his youthful indiscretions (which really aren't that big a deal), but who thinks that his talent and skill set are worth picking will be benefiting in a huge way... much in the same way the eagles did with vick, only with a much bigger long term payout.

It took them 5 years to find out about Bush, so that's false in bold.

If we could get Cam for cheaper than 30-50mil, more people would be on board. Since you brought on the Vick example, if Philly had to shell out 30mil guaranteed, do you think they would? Of course not.

Again, if the FO feels that he is not a bad person and has the tools to make it in the NFL (physically and mentally), they will select him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com