Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I now 100% endorse Cam Newton for the #1 pick

163 posts in this topic

Posted

Did I ever say he was good at it? or did I just say he did it a lot? Does king always carry a positive connotation?

king crab, martin luther king, king sized bed

yes

Burger King, King George III

no

Posted

Can't put my finger on it but something about Newton reminds me of Peete.

Yeah, you know, maybe it's the shape of his head or maybe it's the picture of him about to throw with the yes wide open...but, yeah there is something.

Posted

king crab, martin luther king, king sized bed

yes

Burger King, King George III

no

4328978203_d8fd3b6163_z.jpg

Posted

Well then now its official

That you're against it? :lol:

Posted

For better or worse he would instantly be the most famous QB we've had on day 1 since maybe Kerry, others have been journeymen at best not a franchise guy. Jake?!? eh IDK

Posted

For better or worse he would instantly be the most famous QB we've had on day 1.

Great reason for drafting him

Posted

He has maybe more upside than anyone in the draft, but at the same time he's really raw and is considered by basically everyone to be a huge risk.

If he flops that screws you over in several ways, #1 overall pick down the toilet, missing out on other elite talents, paying out a huge contract with nothing to show for it. Maybe worse of all is that no matter how bad he looks year 1 you're automatically going to pass on a really good looking 2012 QB class if you invest such a high pick in him.

I wouldn't totally be against taking him or anything but if they do go with him they need to scout him in every possible way, put him through every test imaginable and be pretty confident he's going to work out. Not sure I really trust Hurney's judgment on this either.

E

It would be no different then drafting any other player this year at #1. No one has proved that there worth the first pick.

Posted

Great reason for drafting him

I think he has a greater desire than most to win. He has clearly put a team on his shoulders and taken them to the promised land against the best players in college football. HE is a top 10 QB in the draft not a second rounder. We as a team are long overdue a first round QB, a chance to be great. I'll take that chance every time, while others may explain away another opportunity. Half the people in Charlotte were happy that we traded Kobe for Vlade.

Posted

I think he has a greater desire than most to win. He has clearly put a team on his shoulders and taken them to the promised land against the best players in college football. HE is a top 10 QB in the draft not a second rounder. We as a team are long overdue a first round QB, a chance to be great. I'll take that chance every time, while others may explain away another opportunity. Half the people in Charlotte were happy that we traded Kobe for Vlade.

Those are great reasons, but him being the most famous isn't a good reason.

Posted

Don't want the Cam. Really would love to see a trade down. Peterson then the DT combo of Drake Nevis and Jarvis Jenkins and i am a very happy fan.

1 person likes this

Posted

the QB play last year was in the sewer. Cam sure seems to be the best QB talent in the draft. I am gonna be mad as a hornet if be blow this opportunity.

Posted

How long until his life turns into a gangster rap song??

I just get vibes from him and Fairley that once their bank account goes up, their skill and effort will go down.