Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never happen here.

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Sometimes a parent will do what they feel is right regardless of the law and/or doctors. I seriously well up when I think about this story from 1989. I have been called brave by men far braver than myself but I don't know if I could do this......

Read this linky

Posted

Of course its a terrible tragedy and an awful story. There is no happy ending here though. This kid would have died a long time ago without these doctors taking care of it, but now they are evil for using their best medical judgement concerning a bad situation.

Posted

Sometimes a parent will do what they feel is right regardless of the law and/or doctors. I seriously well up when I think about this story from 1989. I have been called brave by men far braver than myself but I don't know if I could do this......

Read this linky

jesus. you know if he was convicted?

Posted

its a shame, regardless of where it happens. I can see the parents wanting to take their child home...nothing wrong with that! The doctor's not wanting to give the baby a tracheotomy because it could lead to infection makes about as much sense as rubbing alcohol for lethal injections!

And when it goes wrong and the child gets infected from this procedure, the doctors face a multimillion dollar lawsuit against them. It sucks, but I wouldn't do it either. CYA.

Posted

jesus. you know if he was convicted?

Jesus was convicted. Don't you read the Bible?;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Jesus was convicted. Don't you read the Bible?;)

:lol:

Rep when I can....

Posted

And when it goes wrong and the child gets infected from this procedure, the doctors face a multimillion dollar lawsuit against them. It sucks, but I wouldn't do it either. CYA.

they are Canadians...we forgive...not sue!!!!

seriously, I'm sure they would have been happy to sign any and all waivers, multiple times. They just wanted to take their child home to die.

Posted

its a shame, regardless of where it happens. I can see the parents wanting to take their child home...nothing wrong with that! The doctor's not wanting to give the baby a tracheotomy because it could lead to infection makes about as much sense as rubbing alcohol for lethal injections!

Eh, not so much. The breathing tube would keep them alive longer. Pulling the tube is basically setting a date for death because it will inexorably lead to a death by asphyxiation.

A breathing machine could keep someone ina a vegitative state "alive" for weeks, so yes, infections and pnuemonia are very real concerns.

Posted

agreed....it 'could' but I don't think they were looking for him to stay alive forever, they were looking at taking their child home!!!

Posted

And as to the OP

I bet it happens here on a daily basis but looks a little more like this:

43 year old woman wants to take her 68 year old father who has stage 5 multiple myeloma complete with dementia home to die in his own bed. Doctors say no he has to go to hospice where he dies scared and confused in the bed his wife died in 9 weeks earlier.

But my wife didn't run to the newspapers so you never heard about it.

2 people like this