Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theyhateme45

Wallace to Portland, For 2 first rounders, Pryzbilla + Dante Cunningham

260 posts in this topic

Im still not sure about protected vs non-protected..what does it mean

Im still not sure about protected vs non-protected..what does it mean

Basically, the pick is not traded if certain criteria are met. A top 7 protected pick means if that pick is pick 1-7 it stays with the original team and is not trade. Lottery protected means a lottery pick would not be traded etc.

1 person likes this

Basically, the pick is not traded if certain criteria are met. A top 7 protected pick means if that pick is pick 1-7 it stays with the original team and is not trade. Lottery protected means a lottery pick would not be traded etc.

This.... So If we have New Orleans pick and it's top 7 protected in 2011 and that pick ends up being the #6 pick, then the pick stays with NO as it is protected. Now in 2011 if the pick is #8, then it would go to us because it is only top 7 protected.

If the pick was unprotected then it would not matter where the pick is as it would go to us, rather it's the #1 or #30 pick.

Thanks, I kind of thought based on assumption thats what it meant, but glad to know for sure.

Yea.... He confirmed it all right :rolleyes:

Sad, I do hate to see G-Force go, But I agree with the move. Still a bitter sweet day. This is the type of move that can help us get out of this cycle of mediocrity.

You got it, no longer are we 8th or 9th in the East, now we're 13th or 14th. Hooray.

I love how some people can make such a bold statement without seeing anything these new guys bring to the table. Ok, It sucks, we lost GW, and Nazr is gone too, but did they really bring everything to this team to make us 8th or 9th in the East? I just don't see how without those two players we automatically become the fuging Cavs or something.

Look at our roster now. That is 13-69 material if I've ever seen it next year. If the Hornets get a top-7 pick, we won't get anything out of this deal til 2013, when the Blazers are competing for a title and we're 5-51.

Fans hate this move, ticket sales will drop even lower than they are now, Jordan will keep losing money, Bobcats will keep finishing 14th or 15th in East til he sells the team and it's moved to Seattle. Thanks MJ, I'll just watch the Hurricanes now.

Then gtfo and go watch the Canes, look I don't know you personally or anything but I don't believe that you have some sort of Clairvoyance where you know exactly how this team will behave with the new roster. What if this sparks a huge turnaround for the Cats and we end up with some diamonds in White and DC? The problem I have with your posts are that you won't even just say "We'll wait and see what happens." You are just automatically flushing this team down the terlit because there is no GW or Nazr.

im gonna bring this thread back up when we're in the playoffs, just for NonLoyalPantherFan

1 person likes this

i dont think some of these people even watch the games, gerald has lost some luster and was on a decline. he cant n never could shoot. we sold him at peak value and got alot in return. some people have too much loyalty to players and cant see the truth. truly i am sorry that he couldnt finish his career here, cause he deserved better, but its a bussiness and every player needs to learn that

i dont think some of these people even watch the games, gerald has lost some luster and was on a decline. he cant n never could shoot. we sold him at peak value and got alot in return. some people have too much loyalty to players and cant see the truth. truly i am sorry that he couldnt finish his career here, cause he deserved better, but its a bussiness and every player needs to learn that

not only that but, while he was only 28 or something, he might as well had been in the early to mid 30s with all of his injuries.