Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wallace to Portland, For 2 first rounders, Pryzbilla + Dante Cunningham

259 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

stevekylerNBA

[QUOTE]Sources close to the situation confirm rumored reports... Trail Blazers to land Gerald Wallace from Char, still working on player details.[/QUOTE]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72']NBA will become just like MLB... if you don't root for LA, Boston, Miami or NY you shouldn't waste your time, everyone else is just a feeder team.[/QUOTE]

Actually not true. Everyone in MLB has a chance as long as you have a good all around team. Go look at the Marlins 2 world series winss, Tampa Bay's, etc. MLB is actually the easiest of the big leagues to win big without huge stars.

The reason the NBA is so unfair is you only have 5 people on the court at once and having 3 all-stars is just ridiculous.

Anyway, we're all going to hate the trade at first. The fact is, I didn't see a way around NOT giving up GW eventually. Better to do it now while he has some value. Pyrz sucks at scoring but he's a good shot blocker and re bounder and he's a big body.

This trade will have as much to do with Henderson's recent rise as cutting cost, since no one would want Jax obviously we'd need to deal GW.

Posted · Report post

Here is what I think the trade will look like. ESPN Rumors said that Charlotte was entertaining trade offers for Wallace if a #1 pick was involved.

Charlotte Receives
C- Joel Pryzbilla
SF- Luke Babbitt
PG- Andre Miller
1st Round Pick

Portland Receives
SF- Gerald Wallace
PG- Shaun Livingston
*possibly a 2nd round pick

[url]http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine[/url]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MaximusZaximus']Actually not true. Everyone in MLB has a chance as long as you have a good all around team. Go look at the Marlins 2 world series winss, Tampa Bay's, etc. MLB is actually the easiest of the big leagues to win big without huge stars.

The reason the NBA is so unfair is you only have 5 people on the court at once and having 3 all-stars is just ridiculous.

Anyway, we're all going to hate the trade at first. The fact is, I didn't see a way around NOT giving up GW eventually. Better to do it now while he has some value. Pyrz sucks at scoring but he's a good shot blocker and re bounder and he's a big body.

This trade will have as much to do with Henderson's recent rise as cutting cost, since no one would want Jax obviously we'd need to deal GW.[/QUOTE]

If it's just for Joel and some money then MJ and his team can F'N Leave. F HIm for being cheap ass clown. You don't trade a 17ppg 8rbg player for 35 year old sorry ass player.

Posted · Report post

why do I see this blowing up in our face? Oh wait Tyson Chandler did that all by himself

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MaximusZaximus']Actually not true. Everyone in MLB has a chance as long as you have a good all around team. Go look at the Marlins 2 world series winss, Tampa Bay's, etc. MLB is actually the easiest of the big leagues to win big without huge stars.

This trade will have as much to do with Henderson's recent rise as cutting cost, since no one would want Jax obviously we'd need to deal GW.[/QUOTE]

Good point, but a lack of a salary cap has still hurt baseball badly.

You're right... in the NBA this kind of talent-hording is even worse.

Posted · Report post

If you are trading Crash then you should be getting Rudy or Eillot Williams Oden and a 1st round pick. This bullshit they are throwing out sounds like Rod is a f'n idiot or MJ is another cheap ass owner in Charlotte.

Posted · Report post

Pryz and Camby both reported that if they are traded they will either retire or ask for a buyout.

Posted · Report post

Hoopsworld reports it's a multi team deal.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='S.S 89 H.O.F']Pryz and Camby both reported that if they are traded they will either retire or ask for a buyout.[/QUOTE]

who gives pos's like these guys the nerve to act like Melo and Bron.

Posted · Report post

Idk but if that means they are not coming to charlotte then power to them.

Posted · Report post

damnit I want some details. What teams and players!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='S.S 89 H.O.F']Pryz and Camby both reported that if they are traded they will either retire or ask for a buyout.[/QUOTE]

I hope so maybe Rod won't make this dumbass deal. Again F U MJ and ROd if you make this stupid trade.

Posted · Report post

More reports from different sites saying it is a 4 team bidding war, multi-team trade, the trade already went through etc. This is all getting really ridiculous and of course conflicting article after conflicting article is coming out because that is how these writers make their money. Everyone should just sit back and wait until there is something official from the bobcats.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CatMan72']Good point, but a lack of a salary cap has still hurt baseball badly.

You're right... in the NBA this kind of talent-hording is even worse.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess both sides are kind of right (in regards to MLB). Usually the underdogs that win end up having to dump a ton of their good players to the "big money" teams once everyone realizes they are good. But at least in the MLB, if you have a good farm system you can be competitive yearly (like the Twins, Marlins, etc). Baseball definitely needs a salary cap though.

Back to the main point of the thread though, haha, I can't wait to see what craziness happens from this trade (if it even happens). I don't think we'll really know the value of a trade until we see who we draft with the pick(s).

Posted · Report post

Hope this isn't true...cost cutting Charlotte franchises will be failures forever.

Posted · Report post

Not a bad not, but not a great one. Depending on the draft pick (god I pray that it's a first) and the projected record of the blazers (top 10 pick worthy) this could be a potentially epic move.

However, if the blazers do end up exploding after this deal (thus making that potential 1st round pick a moot) then Jordan needs to stick to the cigars and the golfing.

And the fact that we couldn't even grab batum is an absolutely terrible move by rod & jordan.

I pray that there is more to come from this shit.

Oh yeah and the playoffs are far gone from this season.

Posted · Report post

@WojYahooNBA Charlotte-Portland talks for Gerald Wallace cooling, sources say. 'Cats pulling back, with one source suggesting MJ's getting cold feet.

I don't think it is MJ with cold feet I think MJ just happens to have more than half a brain.

Posted · Report post

Man im glad MJ isn't stupid. Get some more teams involved to make this deal fair or don't take it. This deal is shit at the moment.

Posted · Report post

Nice

Posted · Report post

[quote name='S.S 89 H.O.F']sources say. 'Cats pulling back, with one source suggesting MJ's getting cold feet.
[/QUOTE]

MJ's cold feet have undone many trades. But he is such a fool with trades that teams still come calling.

Posted · Report post

Just fold the franchise already smh.

Posted · Report post

Thank goodness

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rico6']Thank goodness[/QUOTE]

Second that thank you MJ for having a brain.

Posted · Report post

How come these Portland players are showing a disrespect toward being traded to the Bobcats? Camby, Priz, and Fernandez all saying they'd retire or demand a buyout instead of playing for the Bobcats.

For these reasons I think the Portland deals may be dying. Portland wants tp make a trade badly but these b#&ch arses wanna hate on a city they don't know. Portland?!? Portland??? You'd rather be in Portland:rolleyes:

As of 10:59 somebody on Hoopshype says it's not dead. Wallace is my favorite player he has more heart than most and is fearless and a great defender.