Photo
- - - - -

A good and fair article about 1st round QB's

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#106 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

He is going nowhere. He won't be traded this year you can take it to the bank, seriously.

Yeah I know. What I am saying is that Clausen will likely get a chance to prove some worth no matter who we draft. I wouldn't be shocked if he starts our first game. The Panthers would like for him to generate some value for down the road if they want to move him. Or of course he could always blossom into a pro bowler. But he will get a shot even if we draft a QB.

#107 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

Yeah I know. What I am saying is that Clausen will likely get a chance to prove some worth no matter who we draft. I wouldn't be shocked if he starts our first game. The Panthers would like for him to generate some value for down the road if they want to move him. Or of course he could always blossom into a pro bowler. But he will get a shot even if we draft a QB.

Given all the injuries to the Qb position most years for the Panthers, it is unlikely that the starter in the first game will last the season. No matter who starts,I wouldn't be surprised if we have 2 or 3 guys take snaps at Qb for us.

#108 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

I don't see him starting just to generate value. If he starts it will be because he is our best opinion. If they start Clausen when another QB looks better, pretty sure our coaches will lose the entire locker room. That's not a good way to start the season.

#109 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

I don't see him starting just to generate value. If he starts it will be because he is our best opinion. If they start Clausen when another QB looks better, pretty sure our coaches will lose the entire locker room. That's not a good way to start the season.

Considering he has one year under his belt I imagine a lot of people would think Clausen is the best option no matter who we would have drafted even if had been Luck. I would have felt like Clausen should start even if Luck did come out. They are not going to bail on Jimmy Clausen but I feel like they aren't going to sit back and cross there fingers and hope he works out either.

A new coaching staff wants to be pro active on this. The longer they stall on drafting a QB the higher the probability they are unemployed in three years.

Any QB will need time to flourish and I feel that Rivera would rather start that developmental process sooner rather than later. If he waits till next year, then whatever QB he gets will likely need two years to really develop, if that is the case then he might not be here to enjoy the fruits of that labor. That is just the nature of the NFL these days.

Edited by teeray, 25 February 2011 - 01:44 AM.