Photo
- - - - -

Kiffin called out on cheating......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

By his own school!!!!! I guess they figured better call it on themselves before another school blows the whistle since Kiffin has already pissed off most of the Big Coaches in the SEC

http://www.cbssports.../story/11355686

#2 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

This past week sure hasn't made Kiffin look like an idiot at all...

#3 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:46 AM

my question is I wonder if he learned anything from USC, and if he did what are they getting away with over there?

#4 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

They blew the whistle on themselves about the fog machine thing a few weeks ago. They apparently thought it was okay, because all of the coaches had seen the simulation of game day activities performed at several other schools. What Kiffin didn't realize is that, it's okay to do that kind of stuff at USC...just not at Tennessee. I mean, c'mon, it's not like we're Florida.
I'm friends with Lee Humphrey, (the 2-guard for Florida's NC teams) and he has told me all about how they went through an entire game day simulation just for him. They had a "Humphrey" jersey waiting at a locker for him. They had cheerleaders and smoke and lights and everything in the gym for him...all on a recruiting visit.
Now, as for the other stuff Kiffin did, I absolutely applaud him. What, is Meyer going to beat him worse this year?? A loss is a loss, whether it's by 1 point or 60 points. UT has lost to Florida four years in a row, and a few of those losses came even before the coin toss. That is because Fulmer's regime had given up on the Florida rivalry. We had become "okay" with competing for second in the SEC East. This display by Kiffin is all to show fans and recruits that we are not okay with being the Outback Bowl team every year. We are not okay with Florida getting to walk all over us every year. Meyer might beat Kiffin this year, but it won't be because we weren't emotionally ready for them. Who cares if Meyer, Saban, Richt, and OBC hate Kiffin??? All that matters is that the fans and recruits see that he's got passion for this program, and he's willing to do what it takes to show everyone that. I also think he got a few of Bruce Pearl's lessons on how to get on ESPN when you aren't even playing a game.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com