Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mayock on Gabbert

152 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The agent Gabbert signed with, they don't throw at the combine, might not be his choice.

BS...the agent works for him. He may take the agents advice, but he could throw if he really wanted to.

Posted · Report post

The agent Gabbert signed with, they don't throw at the combine, might not be his choice.

C'mon what kind of lame excuse is that? If that were Cam Newton not throwing, it would have been a WHOLE different story.

Posted · Report post

I think Clausen was a better candidate than Gabby coming out of college. I didn't want him either though.

Posted · Report post

Haters

Posted · Report post

Gabbert is not our QB of the future. He wasn't even that good at the college level. We're either taking Newton or A.J Green imo. Anyone else and I'll be sick, especially Gabbert in any round.

Posted · Report post

Haters

:mad:

Yeah I know. But I will say he could also be a BIG TIME QB. He has the tools and good throwing motion. Really strong arm and above average accuracy.

I just am really scared off by the Nebraska game. If you don't think Cam is any good, go watch the Mizzou vs Nebraska or Mizzou vs TTech games.

He doesn't even look like a Division-1 starter.

But he looked amazing against Iowa so, who knows

Posted · Report post

Mayock is one of the most respected out there, garnering support from actual scouts and has turned down several jobs in the NFL.

He has access to one very important tool you don't, coaches tape.

Posted · Report post

:mad:

Yeah I know. But I will say he could also be a BIG TIME QB. He has the tools and good throwing motion. Really strong arm and above average accuracy.

I just am really scared off by the Nebraska game. If you don't think Cam is any good, go watch the Mizzou vs Nebraska or Mizzou vs TTech games.

He doesn't even look like a Division-1 starter.

But he looked amazing against Iowa so, who knows

I never said Cam was no good. I think he could be great. He could be the biggest bust since Tim Couch. I don't think you roll the dice with the pick. Cam's critics are referring to things you won't see on film- not yet, anyway.

Posted · Report post

C'mon what kind of lame excuse is that? If that were Cam Newton not throwing, it would have been a WHOLE different story.

Yeah, it's something I made up just to impress you.

Posted · Report post

Gabbert is not our QB of the future. He wasn't even that good at the college level. We're either taking Newton or A.J Green imo. Anyone else and I'll be sick, especially Gabbert in any round.

He improved. What Mayock points out is huge. Reading the Defense. Not worth the first pick. I don't think Cam can read the numbers on the field without help from the coach.

Posted · Report post

He improved. What Mayock points out is huge. Reading the Defense. Not worth the first pick. I don't think Cam can read the numbers on the field without help from the coach.

Is he too stupid?

Posted · Report post

So you think Cam is a dumbass?