Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Foley

Fact checking Fluffo

102 posts in this topic

Fiz - I skimmed over your very long response. I think many of us do not quarrel with the worthiness of much of what you have outlined, we just don't see the "stimulus" and job creation of those programs. They need to be somewhere else ... not in a stimulus bill.

what difference does it make?

Fiz - I skimmed over your very long response. I think many of us do not quarrel with the worthiness of much of what you have outlined, we just don't see the "stimulus" and job creation of those programs. They need to be somewhere else ... not in a stimulus bill.

/thread

How about you loan it to small businesses or big businesses? That's how you create jobs. Reagan was the entrepeneur's best friend. Obama is his enemy.

Go back into the sea...

/thread

so basically "i like what he's doing but i don't like the name he gave it."

that's not petty at all!

What I should have said is that those items need to go through the appropriate process ... to be voted on according to their own merits and not included in this huge bill. It makes a lot of difference, actually.

Reopen thread. Obama said it himself last night. Creating jobs is the number one issue right now. People get jobs, they can start spending again, the economy's heartrate starts up again, THEN we can worry about other stuff.

What if this were a Republican stimulus bill and in it were all kinds of military projects?

so basically "i like what he's doing but i don't like the name he gave it."

that's not petty at all!

Nope ... not that at all.

i work with specifics. I work with examples.

i don't operate with wide ranging, blunt, useless generalizations.

if you have a specific problem, list it.

like for example do you know that the arts employ 1.3 million people in this country? that pitiful 50 million would be going to those american workers.

to put this into context, an f-22 costs 350 million a piece to purchase. the f-22 doesn't even work well and has no practical use. know how many people make those? 25,000.

Reopen thread. Obama said it himself last night. Creating jobs is the number one issue right now. People get jobs, they can start spending again, the economy's heartrate starts up again, THEN we can worry about other stuff.

What if this were a Republican stimulus bill and in it were all kinds of military projects?

he'll likely create more jobs with this bill than bush did in 8 years. even including the new branch of government he made.

this should be renamed the fiz owns everyone thread.