Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hmsmike

UNC vs Duke (Wednesday Night)

97 posts in this topic

Hell Yeah Boys!!!!!

How about them Heels!!!! :D

I believe that is 6 of 8, soon to be 7 of 9...The only bonus dook has had of late is catching the Heels last year right after Lawson went out and they were struggling. GO HEELS!

Same story for the past 4 years pretty much....Not using our bench and it catches up with us in the second half. No penetration in the second half, because they were tired. Therefor, settle for contested 3s. Would have liked to have seen Miles and Email get in there for just 5 mins a piece to keep us somewhat fresh. Drew was in there for 5 mins in the first half and granted he looked like he wanted no part of this game, it helped in the long run, as Ty was fresh the second half.

Also, dont understand why Duke went away from bringing a second defender to help with a soft double on Ty as he brought the ball up the court. They did in the first half and he only took 2 shots. Second half, lets have paulus check him with no help??? Thats frustrating.

Congrats on the win for the Heels, a nice streak going right now. This rivalry goes in streaks, lets no forget it wasnt long ago that Duke took 15 of 17 from UNC. This is impressive, but I dont see it going to 15 of 17.

Kyle Singler looks like the monk from The Da Vinci code. He is an albino freak.

coach Splinter was his whiney cry baby self tonight, glad to see he is feeling better

4 straight in Cameron is so great. suck it you f*cking nerds. you sat in that sh*tty nasty tent for nothingnelson-muntz.gifhaha

what's wrong w/ being a nerd? :D

with that said, go heels!

true, I have just seen the zone kill teams when they try to play it against 3 point shooting teams

Look at VT against Clemson a couple weeks ago, VT had the lead threw in a zone to try and rest their players and boom Clemson comes back and wins that game

I understand what you are saying though, it seems Duke always has unbelievable shooting against Carolina every time they play.....Remember when they hit like 13 or 25 3's against Carolina...Paulus had like 6 of them, they just seem to hit against Carolina

Yeah, Carolina did play much better defense in the 2nd half anyway, so what do I know? I just wish they would do that consistently.

BTW, Duke might want to run the AC next time, because that heat seems to be bothering them more than it's bothering UNC. That's two years in a row that they looked absolutely spent in the last 6-7 minutes of this game.

BTW, Duke might want to run the AC next time, because that heat seems to be bothering them more than it's bothering UNC. That's two years in a row that they looked absolutely spent in the last 6-7 minutes of this game.

excellent point. as soon as Dicky V and Mike Patrick started talking about the heat I couldnt help but know it benefited Carolina. how many times did a duke player slip last night causing a turnover?

ironic that something usually interpreted as a home court advantage definitely weighed them down last night.

I agree with Luc about Paulus. Why the hell was he on Lawson 1 on 1? Paulus is no match for him. Not being a homer but it's just the truth. Lawson will blow by every time and score.

Same story for the past 4 years pretty much....Not using our bench and it catches up with us in the second half. No penetration in the second half, because they were tired. Therefor, settle for contested 3s. Would have liked to have seen Miles and Email get in there for just 5 mins a piece to keep us somewhat fresh. Drew was in there for 5 mins in the first half and granted he looked like he wanted no part of this game, it helped in the long run, as Ty was fresh the second half.

Also, dont understand why Duke went away from bringing a second defender to help with a soft double on Ty as he brought the ball up the court. They did in the first half and he only took 2 shots. Second half, lets have paulus check him with no help??? Thats frustrating.

Congrats on the win for the Heels, a nice streak going right now. This rivalry goes in streaks, lets no forget it wasnt long ago that Duke took 15 of 17 from UNC. This is impressive, but I dont see it going to 15 of 17.

Why couldn't it go 15 for 17? Before that run by Dook, UNC was like 14 of 16 against Dook...That 15 of 17 came during the Guthridge/Doherty rebuild, BTW.

Why couldn't it go 15 for 17? Before that run by Dook, UNC was like 14 of 16 against Dook...That 15 of 17 came during the Guthridge/Doherty rebuild, BTW.

For starters, for Carolina to go 15 of 17, that means they would have to win the next 9 times in a row, very unlikely.

Carolina was NOT 14 of 16 before that Duke run, they were 10 of 12.

The fact that Duke's run of 15 of 17 doesn't matter who the coach was, Duke didnt force Carolina to hire Guthridge or Doherty and why do Carolina fans hate on Doherty so much, without him you wouldn't have won in 2005. His players.

Just remember this conversation when coach K retires.

For starters, for Carolina to go 15 of 17, that means they would have to win the next 9 times in a row, very unlikely.

Carolina was NOT 14 of 16 before that Duke run, they were 10 of 12.

The fact that Duke's run of 15 of 17 doesn't matter who the coach was, Duke didnt force Carolina to hire Guthridge or Doherty and why do Carolina fans hate on Doherty so much, without him you wouldn't have won in 2005. His players.

Yeah, Dook pretty much needed that 15 of 17 to get back in the race...And whatta ya know...The Heels still lead the all time series by 30 games.

Actually I do believe Doherty got a bad wrap, and much of his problem was dealing with the pressure of being in a big-time gig - he wasn't ready. He was a pretty decent rectruiter, though. THe 8-20 season had more to do with Guthridges horrific recruiting.

But, as Monster alluded to...Let's see how high your spirits are when K steps down...And, winning 9 straight more games against dook, as tough as it will be, is not impossible. UNC is loaded for years to come.

Yeah, Dook pretty much needed that 15 of 17 to get back in the race...And whatta ya know...The Heels still lead the all time series by 30 games.

Actually I do believe Doherty got a bad wrap, and much of his problem was dealing with the pressure of being in a big-time gig - he wasn't ready. He was a pretty decent rectruiter, though. THe 8-20 season had more to do with Guthridges horrific recruiting.

But, as Monster alluded to...Let's see how high your spirits are when K steps down...And, winning 9 straight more games against dook, as tough as it will be, is not impossible. UNC is loaded for years to come.

If Carolina and Duke dont match up in the ACC tournament, you are basically saying that Duke will not beat Carolina again until 2014. That is dumb. Yeah Carolina is loaded, but its not like Duke doesnt have good classes lined up as well. You might be the only Carolina fan I have ever talked to who would say something like that. 2014 ha ha ha.