Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mother of octuplets already on welfare

135 posts in this topic

Posted

The Duggars may have loads of children, by choice, but they take care of their own. This is a family that doesn't have debt and takes good care of all of their children. To equate them with this woman is a disservice.

No, the Duggars are a different kind of "odd". Each of the kids is responsible for pretty much raising a younger one. They are essentially the parent for the younger child and don't have much of a childhood themselves. But that's a different debate.....

Posted

Who the hell are the Douggars?

Posted

No, the Duggars are a different kind of "odd". Each of the kids is responsible for pretty much raising a younger one. They are essentially the parent for the younger child and don't have much of a childhood themselves. But that's a different debate.....

They require their older children to be involved with the younger children. I would dispute your characterization that they make them the parents.

Posted

They require their older children to be involved with the younger children. I would dispute your characterization that they make them the parents.

They are in charge of making sure they younger child gets fed, clothed, bathed, put to bed, etc. If that isn't making them a parent to the younger child, I don't know what is.

Posted

The Duggars are raising their family no different than other farmer's families did in this country that just started phasing out last century but still happen. Having kids into the double digits wasn't that uncommon a hundred years ago and the older kids always took care of the younger ones.

Posted

The Duggars are raising their family no different than other farmer's families did in this country that just started phasing out last century but still happen. Having kids into the double digits wasn't that uncommon a hundred years ago and the older kids always took care of the younger ones.

That's not really a good thing...

Posted

They are in charge of making sure they younger child gets fed, clothed, bathed, put to bed, etc. If that isn't making them a parent to the younger child, I don't know what is.

There's a whole lot more to parenting than that.

Posted

Who the hell are the Douggars?

The family in Arkansas that has about 18 children, ranging in ages from 24 to two months, and the mother wants more.

Posted

There once was a woman

Who lived in a shoe;

She had so many childen

Her uterus fell out! OOOAAAHHH!!

- Andrew "Dice" Clay

Posted

The Duggars may have loads of children, by choice, but they take care of their own. This is a family that doesn't have debt and takes good care of all of their children. To equate them with this woman is a disservice.

I completely agree and think I posted that in response to someone.

Posted

There's a whole lot more to parenting than that.

There's a whole lot more to what they do that I didn't include too. Point is, they are odd. Different from Angelina wannabe but odd nonetheless.

Posted

the one episode of the duggers i saw, they went on and on bragging about not watching tv. and then the 10 year old quoted scarface.