Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your combine - bench press

200 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

I'm good for 3.14 times

Sounds like you're in the mood for some pie

Posted

Saw a post on PFT about a dude at the combine that did 44 reps yesterday...

Also saw a note last week about a guy that tore his pec at the combine doing it... that really sucks. :(

Thought about this old thread reading those bench press notes...

Last July I was maxing 305 and did 225 14 times with no spotter, at the time I was 6'0" and 215... since my rotator cuff tear and surgery I can't lift more than 5 lbs. until April 15... :(

I'm a year out from this post ^ and 14 months out from my surgery and I have full ROM in my arm and have been back in the gym since last June. I'm back up to where I can get 275 up a couple of times and just yesterday my third set of bench I did 225 10X with no spotter. Very happy that I had my shoulder fixed. :)

Posted

I can also do 38 pull ups with out stoping.

That is the measure of a man. I've seen guys in the gym bench 300+ and can't do one pullup. I can do about 12-15 but I'm talking real pullup. Overhand, all the way up and all the way down.

I'm working on trying to do this.

Posted

I'm 7'4" 480 lbs. and can bench 100 reps. I also can run a sub 4.2 40 yard dash and have 40" arms. U mad bros? :rofl:

Posted

back in high school, i bet i could have hung with most of you guys. and i was a twig (6'0, 160 lbs) i was thisclose to doubling my body weight on the bench. I got 305 on two different occasions.

last time i tried benching 225, i got one rep. that was 2009, so i'll probably get 0 now.

Posted

IDK how many total pull ups I could do... every other back day, I do 3 or 4 sets of the pull downs then go do 3 sets of 6-8 pull ups with strict form, no cheating. I could probably get 12-14 or so pull ups if I just warmed up and did it. Not too bad at 225 lbs, but could be better...

Those "muscle ups" are pretty impressive.

Posted

do any of you guys workout at any of the ymca's in Charlotte?

Posted

5 10 around 170. Can do it 15 to 20 times just depending on how much energy I have.

Posted

do any of you guys workout at any of the ymca's in Charlotte?

I'm in Wilmington, but I know a couple of people on here that go to CLT area YMCA's

Posted

6 times. 5'7, 170.

Posted

5-10,160. I could probably get up one with assistance.