Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your combine - bench press

200 posts in this topic

Posted

And I run a 2 second 40.

Posted

Hmmmm .... simple physics with one exception. You failed to include that longer arms also means the body can accumulate more muscle mass and therefore, exert more force to move the mass to its final resting spot ... above the bar.

So why do scouts, coaches and GM's have a chart that helps them calculate strength based on arm length? They don't factor in mass, it's simply arm length and number of reps @ 225.

I get what you're saying about having more surface area allowing you to build more mass, but all things being equal the guy with the shorter arms can bench more weight, because he has to move the weight a shorter distance.

Posted

I can do 10 on the decline bench. Only 6 on the flat bench. That normal?

Posted

Not gonna lie, I can't bench 225. Not even close probably.

But then again, I'm like 5'10 and 135.

Posted

I can do 10 on the decline bench. Only 6 on the flat bench. That normal?

Yep... Easier on decline harder on incline.

Posted

I am about 2 months into a serious weight lifting program. I got 14 reps, yesterday in the gym. But, then again, two months ago I was working out with 205 (3 x 6) now I am working with 265 (3 x 6)

Set my bench max at 315 now as well. Once you hit 3 plates, you can stop working so hard.

Posted

12 reps weighing 170. People should list their weight too.. Will bump with a video if I ever get 30 haha

Posted

Could do it around ten times right now.