• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#121 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

Does "proper form" include swinging your legs during pull ups? If so, I can go above and beyond your strong.
Just normal vertical pull ups, arms fully extended on each rep... maybe 5.

Yes and no bouncing the bar off your chest either when doing bench.

When I'm fatter than I should be I'm around 35 but when I'm at a good weight I'm around 50

#122 Metal_Sparty

Metal_Sparty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

Bench is a good exercise, I get that its not king though. Its a compound exercise for some major muscle groups, its also a lift that you can put up a good amount of weight with; when you combine those with eachother its a damn good muscle growth stimulate. This is the same reason I love deadlifts and front squats. (Btw, Bulgarian split squats are hell, but a damn good workout)

Put up 245 earlier today at the end of my set, couldn't quite get a second. So I'm more positive of being close to 10 reps of 225.

#123 Metal_Sparty

Metal_Sparty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

Yes and no bouncing the bar off your chest either when doing bench.

When I'm fatter than I should be I'm around 35 but when I'm at a good weight I'm around 50

This sounds like a fun test. I don't doubt I could hit 30, I want to know what I could get. Is tis just one set of each or can you come back to it?

#124 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:52 PM

This sounds like a fun test. I don't doubt I could hit 30, I want to know what I could get. Is tis just one set of each or can you come back to it?

Naw pump out as much bench as you can and then go to pull ups.

It's very very difficult

#125 Metal_Sparty

Metal_Sparty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Heh, that's actually somewhat like my workouts. My A set is bench, my b is pull-ups. I cap the pull-ups at 10, could do more for the first few sets, the bench is over my body weight though.

I remember a blog post by Nate Greene where he accepted a timed fitness challenge from a friend that involved crunches, pull ups, push ups, and dips I think. If I weren't posting from my phone id try to get the link.

#126 Liminy

Liminy

Huddle Nobody

• HUDDLER
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

-1, As soon as the spotters let go, my wrists would probably break and my chest would be crushed resulting in my death.

#127 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

Did u guys see this?

http://www.ninersnat...ch-press-record

Oregon State defensive tackle Stephen Paea set an NFL Combine record in the bench press as he pumped 225 pounds a whopping 49 times. NFL.com has a video archive for the Combine and you can watch Paea set the bench press record. It's a pretty entertaining video. The spotter recognizes early on that Paea has come to work ("We've got a live one!") and then as he gets up over 30 reps the rest of the defensive linemen start cheering for him. Although this record-breaking performance will only help his cause against other defensive linemen, it's a great show of camaraderie (with a bleeped out swear word at around 40 seconds thrown in for good measure).

49! Forty-Freakin-Nine!!!! Holy crap!

#128 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

I could probably do about 10 for now, but I haven't been in the weight room for almost 2 years.

#129 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

I could probably leg press 225 49 times

#130 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,716 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:37 AM

Did u guys see this?

http://www.ninersnat...ch-press-record

49! Forty-Freakin-Nine!!!! Holy crap!

Saw that on NFL network yesterday.

Also I think they showed the top bench performances at the combine. Tank Tyler was on the list with 42 I think. lol

#131 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

The previous combine record was 45 apparently... i'm pretty sure I recall hearing that Kris Jenkins did like 54 one time at the NFL pro bowl contest and LOST... but I'm not positive about that.

#132 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

I'm good for 3.14 times

#133 WhiteBoysCanRun22

WhiteBoysCanRun22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

#134 WhiteBoysCanRun22

WhiteBoysCanRun22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

I'm good for 3.14 times

Sounds like you're in the mood for some pie

#135 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Saw a post on PFT about a dude at the combine that did 44 reps yesterday...

Also saw a note last week about a guy that tore his pec at the combine doing it... that really sucks. :(

Thought about this old thread reading those bench press notes...

Last July I was maxing 305 and did 225 14 times with no spotter, at the time I was 6'0" and 215... since my rotator cuff tear and surgery I can't lift more than 5 lbs. until April 15... :(

I'm a year out from this post ^ and 14 months out from my surgery and I have full ROM in my arm and have been back in the gym since last June. I'm back up to where I can get 275 up a couple of times and just yesterday my third set of bench I did 225 10X with no spotter. Very happy that I had my shoulder fixed. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.