Cam gets defensive in an interview

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

A team shook Cam Newton up by asking him about why he disobeyed coaches at the end of the Nat'l Championship game. Not a big deal, he is just a kid, but interesting it was that incident that threw him for a loop. Wonder what exactly happened?

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6162145

According to the source, an NFL assistant coach questioned Newton about why he disobeyed his coach's orders at the end of the BCS National Championship Game, when Newton ran a quarterback sneak at the end of the game rather than take the knee that he was instructed. Newton was not expecting the NFL to ask him about the incident, and did not have a favorable reaction to it, according to league sources. He got defensive, and even referred to it Saturday. Asked about the interviews, Newton said, "Each and every team keeps you on your toes."

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,062 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Icon's don't get defensive, they just refer to themselves in the third person.

#3 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

I want some context about that... but I'll be honest, if he regularly refers to himself in the third person I really do not want to draft him #1. :P

#4 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

i hate the fact that this is tossed up on ESPN.com with probably no vetting process. let the team evaluate his response to that question, don't make it a gd news story. this is why the team interviews are intimate settings. just bad form, bad journalism, and almost certainly gamesmanship, being leaked by an organization that likes Newton a LOT.

Edited by vorbis, 26 February 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#5 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

"First and Foremost, Cam newton wants to play for all 32 teams." I think he bombed this interview. But I'll still watch how his combine goes.

#6 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Did he really say "Cam Newton wants to play for all 32 teams"? lol

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,062 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

I wish the interviews were made public.

#8 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

Very legit question and yes ESPN did the right thing reporting it. The more I hear of Newton the less I see him going in the top 10. Right now his character is taking a big hit.

#9 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:03 PM

Oh wow, now I want to hear more about what happened. Honestly, I don't think sneaking is such a big deal, just say that it was an opportunity that you didn't want to miss, or at worse, a mistake you won't make again. I really don't think that the question should invoke anything overly defensive. Come to think of it, when I read that he threw his laptop out his window, I thought he panicked under pressure too. This is becoming too much of a theme for my liking.

#10 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

From what I heard and read his interview with the media went very well...gantt refered to the third person thing but also said "kid has magnetism".

#11 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:08 PM

Gantt has a huge crush on Newton.

#12 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

From what I heard and read his interview with the media went very well...gantt refered to the third person thing but also said "kid has magnetism".

daringantt Darin Gantt
All things considered, it wasn't a bad performance. He made some mistakes. Admitted them. Comes off well. Kid has a magnetism.

I wouldn't say that was "Very well," but certainly didn't go poorly.

#13 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:12 PM

I've only heard good things about Cam's interview today. Leave it to the huddle to find the bad I guess..

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,170 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

I've only heard good things about Cam's interview today. Leave it to the huddle to find the bad I guess..

haters got to find straws somewhere to grasp.

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,557 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:15 PM

I heard Mallet's went horribly. Dude has got bigger issues than Newton, I see him falling at the bottom of 2nd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com