#1 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

link here

The Senate compromise recovery and reinvestment legislation provides for 12 to 15 percent fewer jobs created or saved than the House-passed Recovery and Reinvestment Act despite costing slightly more. The House-passed legislation creates or saves between 430,000 and 538,000 more jobs than the Senate compromise.

… The greater job creation in the House bill is because the balance is more focused on investment programs than on less effective tax cuts.

lots of words to read here, i suggest you all do

this was caused basically by what krugman has begun to refer to as the crazy 36.

I presume — I haven’t checked the roll call — that the 36 Senators who voted against cloture on the stimulus were the same 36 Senators who voted for the DeMint amendment, which would have replaced $800 billion of stimulus with $3.1 trillion of non-stimulative tax cuts. These, by the way, are the same people now accusing Obama of engaging in “generational theft.”

Anyway, this is the starting point for any analysis of the Senate from now on: 36 Senators — 87.8% of the Republican delegation — are irresponsible hypocrites.

#2 SteveSmithOwns

SteveSmithOwns

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

lol. no bias here.....

#3 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

how many jobs could we create if every american would pay 100% of their money to taxes?

#4 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

lol. no bias here.....

if a nobel prize winning economist is biased, then I think you should reevaluate things

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,386 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

doesn't seem to be a popular subject.

#6 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

doesn't seem to be a popular subject.

lol

#7 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

That 12 to 15 percent of jobs will be made up by the off-the-books jobs for illegal immigrants thanks to the extra spending.

#8 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

That 12 to 15 percent of jobs will be made up by the off-the-books jobs for illegal immigrants thanks to the extra spending.

those will be made up in a way that is completely impossible to prove me wrong HAHA i have won the internet argument

#9 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

those will be made up in a way that is completely impossible to prove me wrong HAHA i have won the internet argument

Damn you're right. I should have adjusted my percentages.

#10 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,218 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

I read stuff like this. And actually like it.
I will have to compare and contrast but the potential is there to not have the # of jobs then what was first thought. Keep in mind those were all proposals and guess work.
Might have to parcel out the cuts and compromises to see because of what maybe a Dem wanted was cut due to cost vs job creation.
Job creation is of paramount importance right now. I don't care on what side of the bus you ride, the US needs jobs and producing something right now.

#11 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,497 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

link here

lots of words to read here, i suggest you all do

this was caused basically by what krugman has begun to refer to as the crazy 36.

oh ok, right. like that bill is going to benefit anything regardless. this bill is a complete waste. it sickens me that the dems are more worried about their power, than the country's well being during this dire state.

#12 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

oh ok, right. like that bill is going to benefit anything regardless. this bill is a complete waste. it sickens me that the dems are more worried about their power, than the country's well being during this dire state.

So you would rather do nothing and ride the sinking ship to the bottom? Brilliant ******* idea. Just brilliant.

#13 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,497 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

So you would rather do nothing and ride the sinking ship to the bottom? Brilliant ******* idea. Just brilliant.

haha well yea. this bill only worsens our situation. the CBO backs my theory up, but hey what do they know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.