Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teeray

Scouts on Cam post combine

55 posts in this topic

A lot of people are worried about if we take him and he bust which is understandable but if he reaches his ceiling what then?

Cosign him being a can't miss prospect doesn't mean he's without negatives.

this is true, but this

Here's another thought on Cam: Talked to one of the smartest people I know in the league. He wasn't shaken by yesterday's "bad" workout. Smart Guy: "Could still be a transformative player, a Magic Johnson, 6-9 point guard. We just want to see improvement from now til pro day." He has loads of physical talent, but it still a work in progress. You know that going in. Needs help to be special. Also, the smart guy shrugged when asked about Newton missing short outs high. "It's when he leaves them inside they get taken back for six."

doesn't sound like a "can't miss prospect." now of course everyone needs help but someone who needs to be handled carefully, i.e. a project, is the opposite of a can't miss prospect

edit: also, i don't understand how a scout cannot care about balls being launched over wr's heads (please don't claim this is unjustified hate on newton). time and time again accuracy is shown to trump arm strength. of course newton's accuracy could improve but idk how one can handwave these throws away b/c they weren't the worst possible outcome. the bar should be a bit higher for prospects of this caliber

Since neither Newton nor Gabbert are worth #1, maybe they will let us take them both.

this is true, but this

doesn't sound like a "can't miss prospect." now of course everyone needs help but someone who needs to be handled carefully, i.e. a project, is the opposite of a can't miss prospect

edit: also, i don't understand how a scout cannot care about balls being launched over wr's heads (please don't claim this is unjustified hate on newton). time and time again accuracy is shown to trump arm strength. of course newton's accuracy could improve but idk how one can handwave these throws away b/c they weren't the worst possible outcome. the bar should be a bit higher for prospects of this caliber

Can't miss because he has the most upside at the most important position in the NFL today.

since neither newton nor gabbert are worth #1, maybe they will let us take them both.

haha!

The thing is...people are assuming that it will be easy to draft the right QB next year if we don't take one this year, and I just don't think we can afford to make that assumption. But hey, if Rivera and co. decide not to take a QB, I'll support them 100% on whoever they decide to pick. I will be pissed if Newton and Gabbert go somewhere else and become superstars, while we're still looking for a QB though.

Cam Newton reportedly "had a difficult time drawing up plays and how to react to different defensive schemes...on the white board."

Evan Silva

Evan Silva

Evan Silva you POS STFU and go play in traffic!

Can't miss because he has the most upside at the most important position in the NFL today.

i thought "can't miss" referred to the likelihood of success? as you you can't miss w/this guy

if newton is a once in a decade prospect then Luck must be like once in a hundred years!! damn!!1!

Anyone seen ANYTHING about Gabbert? This is crazy how little I can find on him.

Anyone seen ANYTHING about Gabbert? This is crazy how little I can find on him.

Could it possibly be that he has not done much?

....just saying.