Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teeray

Scouts on Cam post combine

55 posts in this topic

if newton is a once in a decade prospect then Luck must be like once in a hundred years!! damn!!1!

Luck made a good decision going back to school. His draft stock has risen just because of the over the top hyperbole surrounding this guy now.

Once in a hundred years???? :rolleyes:

Anyone seen ANYTHING about Gabbert? This is crazy how little I can find on him.

No sh...... Like to hear anything about the kid. Mav when is his pro day???

Could it possibly be that he has not done much?

....just saying.

yeah must be he hasn't had any interviews yet. :rolleyes:

No sh...... Like to hear anything about the kid. Mav when is his pro day???

march 17th.

The thing is...people are assuming that it will be easy to draft the right QB next year if we don't take one this year, and I just don't think we can afford to make that assumption. But hey, if Rivera and co. decide not to take a QB, I'll support them 100% on whoever they decide to pick..........

BINGO!!! but according to everybody who wants to wait till next year, apparantly whomever we do draft will be ready to start right away and develop into a superstar QB way quicker than if we just went ahead and draft Cam now.

The only reason why the Panthers should pass on Cam is if they beleive he will never be a franchise QB.

The only reason why the Panthers should pass on Cam is if they beleive he will never be a franchise QB.

I could live with that.

He sucked / screwed up on the one part of his hype he should have aced- Kaepernick was as fast, more accurate, and threw harder. If the combine featured televised interviews, we would still be laughing at SCAM.

The speed measurement was done with a radar gun, measuring just arm speed. This is not a measure of ball velocity, longer armed throwers have slower arm speed. There is no doubt that Mallet has the biggest arm at the combine, and Im sure that Newton has a better arm than Kapernick as well.

He sucked / screwed up on the one part of his hype he should have aced- Kaepernick was as fast, more accurate, and threw harder. If the combine featured televised interviews, we would still be laughing at SCAM.

I like Kaepernick but he has serious flaws with his mechanics. The kind that are harder to fix than Cam's.

If he didn't he would be third behind Cam and Gabby IMO and project to the first round. Certainly no lower than 5th (he may be there now). Because he has awesome RPM's and pretty good accuracy. But that throwing motion is really, really rough.

As I said in another post. I would rather have Cam's problem's than Kaepernick's.

How could a number of pro scouts call him a once in a decade player or still see him as a number 1 prospect. TRD the quarterback expert said he isn't any good. How can that be????

I guess all the scouts must be wrong.

Yeah that's it!!!:ihih:

1 person likes this

How could a number of pro scouts call him a once in a decade player or still see him as a number 1 prospect. TRD the quarterback expert said he isn't any good. How can that be????

A month ago on this very board I was told he wasnt even a first round draft pick and would not play QB in the NFL. What a difference a month makes I guess. :D

The majority of fans must be clueless about how important footwork is to an NFL quarterback. Goood footwork helps the timing and the accuracy of their throws. Doesn't matter how good their mechanics are, if there is lousy footwork. This is why quarterbacks coming from spread offenses need time to adjust. They get the ball in shotgun formation, and toss the ball. Dropping back, having a good hitch, squaring up the shoulders, and throwing over the lead foot is all important to accuracy. That is why the scouts don't worry about throws from quarterbacks that are just learning the footwork.

What the scouts, coaches, and GMs want to see is improvement from the combine to their pro days. That will go to show them how coachable these kids are.

Cam is an accurate qb. Give him more than just weeks to learn the footwork.

1 person likes this

Cam has a good chnace of one day getting to the big game