53 replies to this topic

#16 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

I would like to hear his meetings & tests as well. Here's an excerpt from Kings MMQB:

i heard positive reports over the weekend about his quick reactions in meeting rooms when he was put on the board and asked to dissect why he made a certain read or throw. He threw for 30 touchdowns and ran for 20 last fall at auburn, but nfl teams will want to curtail his running

#17 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

I've heard several experts say they don't put much weight on how a guy throws at the combine either way... it will really come down to how he performs in the private workout we've scheduled him for.

That's true, but at the same time, Cam has been bashed over the head repeatedly for a couple of bad throws at the combine, so maybe Gabbert had the right idea by not throwing until his pro day.

#18 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

word :iagree:

I hate your smileys

#19 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

I'd be like. :rofl:

They'd be like ...:willy_nilly:

I'd take Gabbert or Newton. This is our one chance to get a franchise QB. You bums can't spoil it. Luckily you guys don't run the team.

#20 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

That's true, but at the same time, Cam has been bashed over the head repeatedly for a couple of bad throws at the combine, so maybe Gabbert had the right idea by not throwing until his pro day.

Bashed over the head by the media and fans... but not the guys who will be drafting him.

#21 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

Sign or trade for McNabb, draft Cam... let Cam learn from McNabb and when Cam's ready make the switch.

#22 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:39 PM

Bashed over the head by the media and fans... but not the guys who will be drafting him.

In other words, he's being bashed by people who don't know what the hell they're talking about. I have to agree with you on that one.

I'm not sure I agree with you on McNabb though. He just didn't look like the same guy last year.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

In other words, he's being bashed by people who don't know what the hell they're talking about. I have to agree with you on that one.

I'm not sure I agree with you on McNabb though. He just didn't look like the same guy last year.

I think the Skins do that to QB's... look at how much Campbell improved the moment he got out of there.

I'm not saying McNabb will win a SB for us, but he may be the most talented, accomplished vet QB available to us (assuming the Skins do decide to trade or release him).

#24 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

cam is getting inspected and dissection more than any player i have seen in a long time......i cant tell if people want so badly for him grow to be a clear number 1 pick they will grab at anything or if they want so badly for him to fail that they disregard all the positives....at the end of the day he is just a rookie

#25 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,363 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Some analysts on Cam:
http://blogs.nfl.com.../?module=HP_cp2

As expected, not overly negative and not overly positive. Seems about right.

#26 jks85

jks85

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

A lot of people are worried about if we take him and he bust which is understandable but if he reaches his ceiling what then?

Cosign him being a can't miss prospect doesn't mean he's without negatives.

this is true, but this

Here's another thought on Cam: Talked to one of the smartest people I know in the league. He wasn't shaken by yesterday's "bad" workout. Smart Guy: "Could still be a transformative player, a Magic Johnson, 6-9 point guard. We just want to see improvement from now til pro day." He has loads of physical talent, but it still a work in progress. You know that going in. Needs help to be special. Also, the smart guy shrugged when asked about Newton missing short outs high. "It's when he leaves them inside they get taken back for six."

doesn't sound like a "can't miss prospect." now of course everyone needs help but someone who needs to be handled carefully, i.e. a project, is the opposite of a can't miss prospect

edit: also, i don't understand how a scout cannot care about balls being launched over wr's heads (please don't claim this is unjustified hate on newton). time and time again accuracy is shown to trump arm strength. of course newton's accuracy could improve but idk how one can handwave these throws away b/c they weren't the worst possible outcome. the bar should be a bit higher for prospects of this caliber

Edited by jks85, 28 February 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#27 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:58 PM

Since neither Newton nor Gabbert are worth #1, maybe they will let us take them both.

#28 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

this is true, but this

doesn't sound like a "can't miss prospect." now of course everyone needs help but someone who needs to be handled carefully, i.e. a project, is the opposite of a can't miss prospect

edit: also, i don't understand how a scout cannot care about balls being launched over wr's heads (please don't claim this is unjustified hate on newton). time and time again accuracy is shown to trump arm strength. of course newton's accuracy could improve but idk how one can handwave these throws away b/c they weren't the worst possible outcome. the bar should be a bit higher for prospects of this caliber

Can't miss because he has the most upside at the most important position in the NFL today.

#29 antame

antame

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

since neither newton nor gabbert are worth #1, maybe they will let us take them both.

haha!

#30 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

The thing is...people are assuming that it will be easy to draft the right QB next year if we don't take one this year, and I just don't think we can afford to make that assumption. But hey, if Rivera and co. decide not to take a QB, I'll support them 100% on whoever they decide to pick. I will be pissed if Newton and Gabbert go somewhere else and become superstars, while we're still looking for a QB though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.