Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uh Oh Time To Study

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cam Newton's struggles in the throwing session at the Combine Sunday has already been well documented. His strategy of reading a prepared statement and refusing to acknowledge the extent of the "mistakes" he made earlier in his career while at Florida has been hotly contested.

Even more of a concern, however, is that the reigning Heisman winner is also struggling answering football questions during team interviews at the Combine.

NFLDraftScout.com has learned that at least two teams gave Newton poor grades for his "football character" following interviewing him at the Combine. Newton, according to league sources, had a difficult time drawing up plays and how to react to different defensive schemes when asked to work on the white board.

There is no denying Newton's potential, but his success in spread option offense much simpler than anything he'll see in the NFL continues to be his greatest challenge. Not all teams are convinced he has the ability to make the adjustment to the complex defensive schemes he'll see at the pro level.

Link

You got just over a week till Pro Day Cam. Clocks ticking.....

Posted · Report post

While I'm a proud PP7 orchestra-trainer it doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy with another prospect.

But Newton is further to the back.

Dareus, Green, and Peterson are tier one no-worries picks. Fairley, Bowers, Quinn, Gabbert, Mallet are kind of nervous picks but still overall happy.

Posted · Report post

Ruh Roh Raggy.

Posted · Report post

That was only two of many interviews. King did say he had other positive ones apparently. Guess Cam is a love him or hate him guy?

Posted · Report post

*sigh* I will be glad when this is all over with.

Posted · Report post

He reportedly "struggled answering football questions," and "had a difficult time drawing up plays ... on the white board." Newton doesn't come off as lacking in smarts, and it's not surprising that he might struggle with pro concepts after playing in Auburn's option offense. Details are murky, but it's possible this is a rumor spread by NFL teams to sabotage Newton's stock.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41839714/ns/sports-player_news

NBC saying in may be a famous "smoke screen". I doubt it but I have to honor my role as a "Nut Hugger" :D :D

Posted · Report post

Or maybe they aren't sabotaging him and he just hasn't had nearly as much experience as you'd expect a #1 prospect to have had.

Posted · Report post

Wonderlic will be the key to his draft position.

Posted · Report post

Or maybe they aren't sabotaging him and he just hasn't had nearly as much experience as you'd expect a #1 prospect to have had.

I'm just doing my job!!!!! :p

Posted · Report post

I can't for the "Official Cam is a dum dum Thread" thread

Posted · Report post

"Doodyhead" will get more views.

Posted · Report post

"Doodyhead" will get more views.

But Doodyhead will refer to his character more, we already have some of those. We need one referring to his lack of NFL smarts.

Dum Dum