37 replies to this topic

#31 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Please stop with the bench. It tests muscle endurance not explosiveness or strength. Strength can be easily corrected with an NFL lifting regimen.

Warren Sapp only did 225 16 times. He turned out to be decent.

#32 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Pike is going practice squad. Jimmy will fight for backup position if we draft a QB, because I believe even if we draft one we'll sign a free agent to be safe. Which is why I believe you take Cam and let Shula see what he can do with him or sign a McNabb and draft AJ Green or draft Cam and still sign McNabb, he'll be a great mentor for Cam and help the developement of our young recievers. Basically, we can really use McNabb

#33 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

I think we will whether we draft one or not.

Same sentiment...the big difference here seems that there's a side willing to risk the first pick with a QB and the the other part of the Panther nation has convinced themselves that we will not pick a QB and they additionally hate every QB in this draft because Luck didn't declare (they also know Newton and Gabbert do and will suck).

I'm personally on the Green/Peterson train, but am to the point where I am completely fine with taking a QB. Why? Because (1) Its a legitimate possibility, so I'm not going to convince myself that Newton/Gabbert won't be here & suck & (2) A FA QB is pretty much guaranteed, but additionally do you really want to wait another year to find a QB, or take a shot now while we have the top pick in the entire draft.

#34 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:42 PM

Yes but one thing your forgetting, under any new CBA there will be a salary cap for drafted rookies. The days of paying a rookie $65M right out of college is over.

That's not set in stone yet, there's been discussion that it would not apply to this year's rookies.

#35 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

Warren Sapp only did 225 16 times. He turned out to be decent.

LOL, good point... they showed a graphic on NFLN of the top all-time bench pressers at the combine when that kid set the record and made the point that not one of them turned out to be much of a football player in the NFL.

#36 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,797 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Is the guy that drafted Clausen still with the team?

#37 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

They could bring in another young FA to compete with Clausen. Pike wouldn't be the only competition

#38 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

DONT YOU GUISE SEE? It all comes down to pike!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.