Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 Mock Offseason & Draft ~ DRAFT!

650 posts in this topic

Posted

I still agree with the OT pick. Light is like 150 years old. Some have been saying CB for them, but the top 2 are gone and I've been reading that (in real life) the Lions are way down on Jimmy Smith so I think OT is still the best pick for them. They need 2, anyway. And Smith or Solder or Costanzo or whoever you give them can work the right until Light retires next year, theoretically.

Posted

True but he was still the best OT for the Patriots last year. He buys them at least a year or two so they don't HAVE to go after an OT. I could still understand picking an OT if there is value there but I'm not really sure if there is as I haven't kept up with the OTs in this draft too much. And I don't know how big the Lions other needs are so who knows.

Posted

Lions are always BPA that meets a need.

Posted

Who is BPA at this point?

Posted

Who is BPA at this point?

Give them a punter. They need secondary and OLB help.

Posted

Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

Tyron Smith, OT, USC

?

Posted

ESPN's Scout big board has Tyron Smith at #11 and Nate Solder at #14, but if you don't wanna give them an OT you could give them CB Jimmy Smith, OLB Akeem Ayers, or CB Brandon Harris.

Posted

Heh I was in the process of writing that when you posted the same thing, RnR.

Posted

At walter, the "consensus big board" that pulls data from lots of big boards and averages them out has Tyron Smith at #12 overall and Ayers at #18. The next need areas are Costanzo, Solder, Brandon Harris, and Gabe Carimi at 20-23. So I'd say either Tyron Smith or Akeem Ayers would be the best picks.

Posted

At walter, the "consensus big board" that pulls data from lots of big boards and averages them out has Tyron Smith at #12 overall and Ayers at #18. The next need areas are Costanzo, Solder, Brandon Harris, and Gabe Carimi at 20-23. So I'd say either Tyron Smith or Akeem Ayers would be the best picks.

I'd agree with that. Light should be solid for at least a year or two and they get Gosder Cherilus, 2008 1st round pick, back from injury so thinking Ayers should be the pick.

Posted

OK sounds good.

Browns next up, via their PM they select J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconisn

Posted

Dolphins select Mark Ingrim, RB, Alabama