Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

WalterFootball's latest mock has the Panthers taking Newton

91 posts in this topic

"Derp My Daddy says I have to finish college before I play in the NFL Derp"

Yeah, Luck shown great restraint when he was given such a choice.

This draft is looking a lot like the '95 draft.

We had the first pick. McNair was out there but there were questions about how his game would translate to the NFL and whether he was worthy of a number one pick despite his gawdy numbers at Alcorn State. We ended up trading with Cincy and moving down to #5.

The REALLY weird thing is that I have seen Cam Newton compared to Steve McNair in terms of having to sit for a year to develop, and fixing some of the question marks.

Meanwhile I have heard Gabbert compared to Kerry Collins :eek:

Could be 95 all over again in a lot of ways.

Gabbert compared to Kerry Collins

Not a glaring endorsement. For either prospect.

it's odd how people say you don't draft a DB #1 because the other team can just throw to the other side all game. like that's a bad thing?

Not a glaring endorsement. For either prospect.

Didn't McNair win an MVP award??? That would be nice.

Didn't McNair win an MVP award??? That would be nice.

Excuse my ignorance. Excellent Endorsement!

:D

it's odd how people say you don't draft a DB #1 because the other team can just throw to the other side all game. like that's a bad thing?

Yeah seriously. I'd love to have a guy that shuts down half of the field for opposing QBs, especially in our division.

PS: Wonder if it's been long enough to where I can neg rep Dpantherman again.

Its ok guys he just forgot to change the Panthers logo to a Bengals one since we'll be switching 1st round picks with them and getting a 2nd rounder ;)

ok so because a CB has NEVER been selected #1 means it still wont happen? I just dont want to grasp that logic. What corner has ever been this highly touted?

It's funny, some mocks have dropped Newton down, others moved him up. I personally think that the amount of good things Rivera said about him helped him more than anything else.

The thing to note though is many of these mocks really have no idea how Newton, Gabbert, etc did in interviews with us, which is going to be the deciding factor.

At this point, the only player who has recently been pegged to us that I would not be happy with is Bowers, and that's because of his recent injury taking longer to recover from.