Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WalterFootball's latest mock has the Panthers taking Newton

91 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We won't need a top 3 pick to get a quality quarterback next year if the class stays as strong as predicted.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Something about Gabbert bothers me and screams "Bust!" Maybe he's just too sly, or something, or he reminds me of David Carr or he's trying Tom Brady hair his way in. I have no objective reason for not liking him, I just have a bad feeling about that guy.

Posted · Report post

There's a reason neither Gabbert nor Newton are consensus #1 picks. If there were no concerns about either, one of them would be... or at least consensus 1-2 picks. ;)

Posted · Report post

There's a reason neither Gabbert nor Newton are consensus #1 picks. If there were no concerns about either, one of them would be... or at least consensus 1-2 picks. ;)

Yeah, I don't know enough about anyone's comprehensive profile to make that call, and I'm not a scout, so obviously I'm not qualified to spot skill differences, let alone psychological ones. Just from my brief observations of workouts, he struck me as "entitled", if that makes any sense.

Posted · Report post

I guess to put that into perspective, I don't that feeling watching or listening to Newton, who seems to be tripping over his own feet to please.

Meh, I just hope we end up with Peterson and a Carson Palmer rental this year.

Posted · Report post

Gabbert's workouts? You mean interviews?

He's very, very confident. I don't know about a sense of entitlement - most evidence suggests he actually does believe his talk about needing to work hard.

Posted · Report post

Gabbert's workouts? You mean interviews?

He's very, very confident. I don't know about a sense of entitlement - most evidence suggests he actually does believe his talk about needing to work hard.

Not interviews, his workouts. It's his body language that bothers me, pre and post performance. I may be completely off base, but he just comes across (to me) as though he's doing this as a favor.

Posted · Report post

Ahh, I didn't pick up on that.

Posted · Report post

We won't need a top 3 pick to get a quality quarterback next year if the class stays as strong as predicted.

Whos elite in next years class besides luck and barkley(assuming either comes out). take away those 2 and next years class looks alot like this one if not worse.

Posted · Report post

Ahh, I didn't pick up on that.

Seriously, fair enough to call me an idiot on that - I'll own it. I have nothing substantive to add, it's just a feeling that he's going to frustrate whoever picks him.

Posted · Report post

Gabbert should have gone to the combine. Is he really that good he could skip it ?? I know his agent has had other QB's skip, but in this case he should have gone and competed.

Posted · Report post

Gabbert should have gone to the combine. Is he really that good he could skip it ?? I know his agent has had other QB's skip, but in this case he should have gone and competed.

I hear ya.