Photo
- - - - -

WalterFootball's latest mock has the Panthers taking Newton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#16 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Gee nice find there Dpantherman......

#17 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

This is about the third mock to come out since the combine that has moved Cam up to number 1.

#18 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

Great write-up. I would love to get Patrick Peterson (who is the safest pick in the draft) but this team has to get Cam. only a fool would contently state that it's "OK" to give Jimmy another year, or just sign some stop-gap QB and "HOPE" we get Luck next year. (who also made it very clear he'd rather stay in school than come here)

With the Owner, the GM, and the Head Coach stating that this team is addressing its greatest need with this first pick. It's quite obvious that the pick is going to be a QB. Also, like the walterfootball writer stated. Cam is a once in a blue-moon type of talent. A generational type of a QB, and if properly built, and coached. He can make the Carolina Panthers an excellent, and dynamic offense, he can transform this small market team into a relatively noticeable market team. (Hell look at what Michael Vick did for the city of Atlanta, and Lebron James for Cleveland)

Drafting Cam Newton would be great for this team, this franchise, and this city.

And lol at the morons who are clearly blinded by their disdain for Cam, and their fear of drafting that crackhead Gabbert saying that our "Greatest Need" is an undersized 3-technique tackle.

Stay crazy, folks.

Edited by rico6, 02 March 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#19 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

walter cherepinsky doesn't know a damn thing. he created a website a few years ago with mock drafts two years out. shockingly he got tons of coverage because he's the only person stupid enough to think he can legitimately evalute team needs and college talent nearly two years from the actual draft, prior to a draft oder even being determined. it's moronic yet somehow people love it. he got lots of advertising revenue, quit his day job waiting tables after college, and runs this website full time now. its still a joke. the guy has no more background in talent evaluation than any other slightly above-average informed football fan.

yeah but... he has a website... it's on the internet... it MUST be true...

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Luck didn't shun the Panthers, that's just a stoopid notion.

#21 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

"Derp My Daddy says I have to finish college before I play in the NFL Derp"

Yeah, Luck shown great restraint when he was given such a choice.

#22 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

This draft is looking a lot like the '95 draft.

We had the first pick. McNair was out there but there were questions about how his game would translate to the NFL and whether he was worthy of a number one pick despite his gawdy numbers at Alcorn State. We ended up trading with Cincy and moving down to #5.

The REALLY weird thing is that I have seen Cam Newton compared to Steve McNair in terms of having to sit for a year to develop, and fixing some of the question marks.

Meanwhile I have heard Gabbert compared to Kerry Collins :eek:

Could be 95 all over again in a lot of ways.

#23 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

Gabbert compared to Kerry Collins

Not a glaring endorsement. For either prospect.

#24 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

it's odd how people say you don't draft a DB #1 because the other team can just throw to the other side all game. like that's a bad thing?

#25 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

Not a glaring endorsement. For either prospect.

Didn't McNair win an MVP award??? That would be nice.

#26 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Didn't McNair win an MVP award??? That would be nice.

Excuse my ignorance. Excellent Endorsement!

:D

#27 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,697 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:41 PM

it's odd how people say you don't draft a DB #1 because the other team can just throw to the other side all game. like that's a bad thing?

Yeah seriously. I'd love to have a guy that shuts down half of the field for opposing QBs, especially in our division.

PS: Wonder if it's been long enough to where I can neg rep Dpantherman again.

#28 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

Its ok guys he just forgot to change the Panthers logo to a Bengals one since we'll be switching 1st round picks with them and getting a 2nd rounder ;)

#29 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

ok so because a CB has NEVER been selected #1 means it still wont happen? I just dont want to grasp that logic. What corner has ever been this highly touted?

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

It's funny, some mocks have dropped Newton down, others moved him up. I personally think that the amount of good things Rivera said about him helped him more than anything else.

The thing to note though is many of these mocks really have no idea how Newton, Gabbert, etc did in interviews with us, which is going to be the deciding factor.

At this point, the only player who has recently been pegged to us that I would not be happy with is Bowers, and that's because of his recent injury taking longer to recover from.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com