#46 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Hopefully Cam has a great Pro Day and interview with Richardson....Wouldn't surprise me if he's number 1 on our board.

1. Not sold on Clausen as a Franchise QB
2. Hurney states biggest need who will be behind center
3. Rivera is HIGH on Killa Cam
4. Have to compete with our division which is surrounded with stud QB's until we find one we will be at the bottom of the NFC trust & believe.
5. Most importantly I feel a new HC will want to groom his own handpicked guy at the start of his tenure.

all signs point to Cam or Gabbert whoever impresses will be the pick imho

#47 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Don't care what anyone says Luck didn't want to be a panther if I'm a pro athlete getting to the pros is a dream come true but being number 1 overall is means so much more. Why risk injury in college just to finish out college? If Education was a big thing for him it's not like he couldn't take classes in the Offseason he didn't want to be a Panther.

I'm not going to question Lucks passion because I don't know him but give me the guy that wants to challenge himself in the big leagues and needs the money that guy is going to be all the more hungry.

#48 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

Who I would be happy with with the 1st pick
Fairly
Green
Peterson

Who I wouldn't mind
Newton
Dareaus

Who I would be pissed about getting with the #1 pick
Bowers
Gabbert

The 1st group is 3 guys who are dominant impact players. They can take over games and you could make the argument that all 3 positions are needs.

The 2nd group consists of probably the safest pick in Dareaus and the biggest risk/reward in Newton. Dareaus fills the need part, but I put Fairly ahead based off of potential, performance, and combine. Newton can light up the field when he's on, and he's a leader, do not underestimate what it takes to be a leader.

The last group are players that we do not need. Bowers can take over a game, but we are in absolutely no need of a defensive end. And Gabbert is not worthy of the 1st pick in the draft, or imo of selecting him at all. This guy played in the Big12 and could only muster 16td passes, which is not good especially when the Big12 plays no defense. I'm telling you, Gabbert will not be a good QB, trust me.

#49 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,594 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

Scott Fowler from the Charlotte Observer now hedging his bets as well.

http://scottfowlerob...n-no1-pick.html

#50 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Scott Fowler from the Charlotte Observer now hedging his bets as well.

http://scottfowlerob...n-no1-pick.html

Wow. Those are strong words coming from Fowler.

#51 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:58 PM

I still like newton and would think he's still the only way to go in this draft. When there's not a clear cut number one pick and so many people think peterson a corner is the best prospect on the board,Even if a guy is the seven best player in the draft quarterback value surpasses all. So what he didn't look fantastic in ONE day at the combine. Plenty of others have and become busts. What you do in shorts and shirts is important but, some stuff can't be measured by watching people throw with no pressure around them.

#52 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Don't care what anyone says Luck didn't want to be a panther if I'm a pro athlete getting to the pros is a dream come true but being number 1 overall is means so much more. Why risk injury in college just to finish out college? If Education was a big thing for him it's not like he couldn't take classes in the Offseason he didn't want to be a Panther.

I'm not going to question Lucks passion because I don't know him but give me the guy that wants to challenge himself in the big leagues and needs the money that guy is going to be all the more hungry.

Exactly, and very well put.

If Luck wanted to play here, he would have declared.

It's relatively simple.

#53 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Wow. Those are strong words coming from Fowler.

Very strong words.

#54 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

i agree with that though i'd add newton to that top list.

Who I would be happy with with the 1st pick
Fairly
Green
Peterson

Who I wouldn't mind
Newton
Dareaus

Who I would be pissed about getting with the #1 pick
Bowers
Gabbert

The 1st group is 3 guys who are dominant impact players. They can take over games and you could make the argument that all 3 positions are needs.

The 2nd group consists of probably the safest pick in Dareaus and the biggest risk/reward in Newton. Dareaus fills the need part, but I put Fairly ahead based off of potential, performance, and combine. Newton can light up the field when he's on, and he's a leader, do not underestimate what it takes to be a leader.

The last group are players that we do not need. Bowers can take over a game, but we are in absolutely no need of a defensive end. And Gabbert is not worthy of the 1st pick in the draft, or imo of selecting him at all. This guy played in the Big12 and could only muster 16td passes, which is not good especially when the Big12 plays no defense. I'm telling you, Gabbert will not be a good QB, trust me.

#55 UsAgainstTheWorld

UsAgainstTheWorld

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

It's relatively simple.

Yeah. I bet if the bengals, bills, browns, or redskins had the #1 pick he would have come out.
;)

#56 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

I still like newton and would think he's still the only way to go in this draft. When there's not a clear cut number one pick and so many people think peterson a corner is the best prospect on the board,Even if a guy is the seven best player in the draft quarterback value surpasses all. So what he didn't look fantastic in ONE day at the combine. Plenty of others have and become busts. What you do in shorts and shirts is important but, some stuff can't be measured by watching people throw with no pressure around them.

he's not the only way, but he's the only QB worth drafting.

wouldn't mind fairley, peterson, or green.

#57 Phil Dees

Phil Dees

1-20-2013 End of an Error

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

It's relatively simple.

He's a techie kid from Silicon Valley. If you were him would you want a boss that doesn't know how to use a cell phone?

#58 Phil Dees

Phil Dees

1-20-2013 End of an Error

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

Surely those people are idiots, since they haven't been 100% right on every draft pick over the years.

He got 6 right in last year's 1st round.

#59 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,131 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

if we dont draft aj then i want a QB, if that means cam then so be it

#60 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Newton as the pick will be ok. He can come in and sit behind clausen/vet for a few years and learn the position. Then we will have our own A. Rodgers...I hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com