Photo
- - - - -

Let's say Jimmy Clausen stayed in school last year and came out in this draft..

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,634 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

I believe he would easily be the #1 QB in this draft.

Wiki.
In October 2009, Clausen was named midseason All-American by The Sporting News.[27] His finished the season with 3,722 yards passing, a 68.8% completion rate, 161.42 passer rating, 28 touchdowns, and four interceptions.[28]

We would be drooling over him to be picked 1st.

just saying.

#2 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

Said that guy who supports Charlie Sheen

#3 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

No doubt...

#4 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,748 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

Then who would we have picked with our #2 last year? Probably would have saved it for Edwards and not made the trade for this year's #1. So essentially, we are picking Clausen at #33 this year...

#5 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

Then who would we have picked with our #2 last year? Probably would have saved it for Edwards and not made the trade for this year's #1. So essentially, we are picking Clausen at #33 this year...

no.

#6 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

Apparently even a "high ranking " Panther FO type has him third best and you know we would rank him higher than anyone else. After seeing how he threw the ball and how low he delivered it, it would be hard to put him higher than 5th or 6th. Especially if he didn't participate in the combine like last year.

#7 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

actually if you read that post / listen to the interview, it wasn't just the Panthers that felt that way, p55. It was other teams as well. (No idea how many others)

#8 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

actually if you read that post / listen to the interview, it wasn't just the Panthers that felt that way, p55. It was other teams as well. (No idea how many others)

Again the best would be third but given that he had foot issues which we now know lingered all through the year and he were coming out now where would he go?

But put it another way, if you could have any quarterback coming out of college instead of Clausen in a straight up pick how many would you take? Newton? Gabbert? Locker? Ponder? Mallett? Honestly after seeing how poorly he played and how fundamentally flawed he is mechanically I would take any one of them instead of him.

He was rated high because he was supposedly NFL ready. Given we know that wasn't the case, his stock would have dropped significantly in my mind.

#9 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

lol I would be such a broken man if we traded next year's 1st that I would be trying to convince myself that if he stayed in college we would have drafted him anyway, so it's actually better that we got him a year's head start.

#10 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:22 PM

Drew Brees = 6 foot
Jimmy Clausen = 6 foot 3

#11 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

Drew Brees = 6 foot
Jimmy Clausen = 6 foot 3

that is one short 6'3" man...

#12 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

Drew Brees = 6 foot
Jimmy Clausen = 6 foot 3

Newton- 6' 6"
Mallett- 6' 6"
Locker - 6' 3"
Gabbert 6' 5"

Due to Clausen's side arm throw he plays more like he is 5' 11" than 6' 3". Locker's ball comes out much higher than Clausen's

#13 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

Drew Brees = 6 foot
Jimmy Clausen = 6 foot 3

This whole buisness of finding like 1 player out of 500 million to support whatever people want to talk about is silly. Drew Brees at the moment has billions of things that Clausen doesn't.

Size, throwing motion, whatever it is are just general guidelines that have correlation to success. It can always be broken.

#14 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

Clausen had some passes batted down because of his low release, and some more because he was not in tune with where the defensive linemen were and the fact that they were staring at him waiting to jump and bat them down.

#15 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Clausen will be a rookie again this year. However, I think people are wrong to proclaim him a bust because you have no idea what it was like for him. Any rookie QB throughout the history of the NFL would have struggled here. It is a team game. I don't like the delivery either, but let Shula have some time with him. If we draft a qb they will need a year with Shula and will have to struggle as well. Spinning our wheels. Give up on him in year three, after the good staff has had him. Not after that train wreck of a staff we had last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.