Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's say Jimmy Clausen stayed in school last year and came out in this draft..

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Drew Brees = 6 foot

Jimmy Clausen = 6 foot 3

This whole buisness of finding like 1 player out of 500 million to support whatever people want to talk about is silly. Drew Brees at the moment has billions of things that Clausen doesn't.

Size, throwing motion, whatever it is are just general guidelines that have correlation to success. It can always be broken.

1 person likes this

Posted

Clausen had some passes batted down because of his low release, and some more because he was not in tune with where the defensive linemen were and the fact that they were staring at him waiting to jump and bat them down.

1 person likes this

Posted

Clausen will be a rookie again this year. However, I think people are wrong to proclaim him a bust because you have no idea what it was like for him. Any rookie QB throughout the history of the NFL would have struggled here. It is a team game. I don't like the delivery either, but let Shula have some time with him. If we draft a qb they will need a year with Shula and will have to struggle as well. Spinning our wheels. Give up on him in year three, after the good staff has had him. Not after that train wreck of a staff we had last year.

Posted

Clausen had some passes batted down because of his low release, and some more because he was not in tune with where the defensive linemen were and the fact that they were staring at him waiting to jump and bat them down.

and because he sucks...

ok i'm done jimmy bashing for the night.

1 person likes this

Posted

Reserve RB who can't pick up the blitz. Three reserve Offensive Linemen missing blocks and watching LBs run over them. #1 WR double teamed, #2 WR a rookie. TE an average blocker and no threat offensively. Coach who didn't want you drafted and is probably being forced to play you. Idiot OC. Defense feeding off these inadequacies, pinning ears back and bringing the house every pass play.

QB a rookie who is being coached by the same mentor to Anderson and Quinn in Cleveland. The same coach who had Delhomme lobbing passes to open areas and calling them timing routes. THe same QB coach who took 6-2 Matt Moore and turned him into Anderson/Quinn/Delhomme. Jeff Davidson's buddy from Cleveland.

Recipe for success!! I guess it is easy to bash Clausen for the poor performance.

2 people like this

Posted

I believe he would easily be the #1 QB in this draft.

Wiki.

In October 2009, Clausen was named midseason All-American by The Sporting News.[27] His finished the season with 3,722 yards passing, a 68.8% completion rate, 161.42 passer rating, 28 touchdowns, and four interceptions.[28]

We would be drooling over him to be picked 1st.

just saying.

Right..... Look what we went through this year after taking him in the middle of the second, imagine taking him first overall? Suicide rates would skyrocket.

Flat out, the guy can't play quarterback in this league, glad we wasted a second rounder on him instead of the 1st overall, I think we coulda got him in the third last year but oh well

1 person likes this

Posted

Clausen will be a rookie again this year. However, I think people are wrong to proclaim him a bust because you have no idea what it was like for him. Any rookie QB throughout the history of the NFL would have struggled here. It is a team game. I don't like the delivery either, but let Shula have some time with him. If we draft a qb they will need a year with Shula and will have to struggle as well. Spinning our wheels. Give up on him in year three, after the good staff has had him. Not after that train wreck of a staff we had last year.

I agree MHS, but damn I wish he gave me something to give me some confidence. One game where he put up big numbers. One game with some multiple tds. One game where his talent overcame the sh*tty offense he was in.

You may turn out to be right. I just wish he gave me something. Especially since he was supposed to be pro ready.

I hope you are right. And even though I hope we draft a QB I think he deserves a chance and he will get a chance to prove he can be a starter in this league.

Posted

Reserve RB who can't pick up the blitz. Three reserve Offensive Linemen missing blocks and watching LBs run over them. #1 WR double teamed, #2 WR a rookie. TE an average blocker and no threat offensively. Coach who didn't want you drafted and is probably being forced to play you. Idiot OC. Defense feeding off these inadequacies, pinning ears back and bringing the house every pass play.

QB a rookie who is being coached by the same mentor to Anderson and Quinn in Cleveland. The same coach who had Delhomme lobbing passes to open areas and calling them timing routes. THe same QB coach who took 6-2 Matt Moore and turned him into Anderson/Quinn/Delhomme. Jeff Davidson's buddy from Cleveland.

Recipe for success!! I guess it is easy to bash Clausen for the poor performance.

Yeah but geez, Jimmy Clausen made Jake Delhomme look like Joe Montana.

That is saying something but maybe Jake is just that good :)

Posted

I believe he would easily be the #1 QB in this draft.

Wiki.

In October 2009, Clausen was named midseason All-American by The Sporting News.[27] His finished the season with 3,722 yards passing, a 68.8% completion rate, 161.42 passer rating, 28 touchdowns, and four interceptions.[28]

We would be drooling over him to be picked 1st.

just saying.

Those look like Andrew Luck numbers. Never can tell can you. :D:D

1 person likes this

Posted

Most people aren't giving up on him but they aren't making tons of excuses for him either. He sucked and much of his issues were on him as much as the offensive line or anything else. He played poorly even as the line and run game improved.

But that is all water under the bridge. The question is whether he will be that much better this year. You obviously think so and I am much more skeptical. I surely hope he is better but would not put many eggs in that basket. That is why I want 1 or 2 QBs to come in and compete to start. I don't think I can take another year as bad as this one.

Posted

Clausen will not be a rookie this coming year. Sure, a system change means he'll not be in the best of positions, but nobody can take away the playing experience and some amount of chemistry he gained with the players here. He'll still have a learning curve and adjustment time but if he's any good, he'll have learned and improved from last year.

Posted

Clausen will not be a rookie this coming year. Sure, a system change means he'll not be in the best of positions, but nobody can take away the playing experience and some amount of chemistry he gained with the players here. He'll still have a learning curve and adjustment time but if he's any good, he'll have learned and improved from last year.

it will be interesting to see what, if any bad habits from last season are still there next season. the bailing on deep targets, the patented hold the ball for 4 seconds and then sprint to the sideline and throw it away, the hold the ball and try to throw it through a d-lineman's armpit, the fumbled snap, etc. if he's getting playing time and most of these are still there halfway through the season, then clausen is reeeeally in trouble.