Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers_Lover

Where's the Joe the Plumber-type vetting?

120 posts in this topic

Vetting of what? To see if she's lying like Joe the Plumber was?

Vetting of what? To see if she's lying like Joe the Plumber was?

It's amazing that educated people like yourself cannot (or choose not to, perhaps) see the double standard in the media, Dimbee.

Great shot by Meeks, eh?

why not?

I suppose they could have walked her to the parking lot and asked her to point out which car she was sleeping in.

It's amazing that educated people like yourself cannot (or choose not to, perhaps) see the double standard in the media, Dimbee.

I know there is a double standard, but I think PL is reaching quite a bit...

Great shot by Meeks, eh?

CLUTCH!!!

this really isn't anything like JTP at all

I know there is a double standard, but I think PL is reaching quite a bit...

CLUTCH!!!

Why is it reaching? She asked the president a question, told her story, just as Joe did. Why are we taking her at face value? Why is the media not asking simple questions, at least, about her and her adult son and their circumstances? Was their house in foreclosure? Why didn't they apply for public housing a year ago -- I know there's a 2-year waiting period, they said, but they'd be another year closer (maybe they did, but the implication is that they didn't)? What has the son done to try to find a job? Why is the media taking everything she/they said as gospel? I'm simply asking why the media (and you, apparently) is taking a different view of her than they did of Joe? It is, in fact, a double standard. You admitted it, but it's ok with you why?

this really isn't anything like JTP at all

Explain why it isn't ....

Explain why it isn't ....

Because she's poor. He's rich. There.

when does her country album come out?

Why is it reaching? She asked the president a question, told her story, just as Joe did. Why are we taking her at face value? Why is the media not asking simple questions, at least, about her and her adult son and their circumstances? Was their house in foreclosure? Why didn't they apply for public housing a year ago -- I know there's a 2-year waiting period, they said, but they'd be another year closer (maybe they did, but the implication is that they didn't)? What has the son done to try to find a job? Why is the media taking everything she/they said as gospel? I'm simply asking why the media (and you, apparently) is taking a different view of her than they did of Joe? It is, in fact, a double standard. You admitted it, but it's ok with you why?

No, I think it's different due to motivation. Joe the liar, I mean Plumber was doing his song and dance as a politically-motivated piece of propaganda.