Photo
- - - - -

Where's the Joe the Plumber-type vetting?

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#16 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

why not?

I suppose they could have walked her to the parking lot and asked her to point out which car she was sleeping in.

#17 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

It's amazing that educated people like yourself cannot (or choose not to, perhaps) see the double standard in the media, Dimbee.

I know there is a double standard, but I think PL is reaching quite a bit...

Great shot by Meeks, eh?

CLUTCH!!!

#18 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

clutch!!!

onions!!!

#19 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

this really isn't anything like JTP at all

#20 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

I know there is a double standard, but I think PL is reaching quite a bit...

CLUTCH!!!

Why is it reaching? She asked the president a question, told her story, just as Joe did. Why are we taking her at face value? Why is the media not asking simple questions, at least, about her and her adult son and their circumstances? Was their house in foreclosure? Why didn't they apply for public housing a year ago -- I know there's a 2-year waiting period, they said, but they'd be another year closer (maybe they did, but the implication is that they didn't)? What has the son done to try to find a job? Why is the media taking everything she/they said as gospel? I'm simply asking why the media (and you, apparently) is taking a different view of her than they did of Joe? It is, in fact, a double standard. You admitted it, but it's ok with you why?

#21 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

this really isn't anything like JTP at all

Explain why it isn't ....

#22 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

Because she's poor. He's rich. There.

#23 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

when does her country album come out?

#24 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

Why is it reaching? She asked the president a question, told her story, just as Joe did. Why are we taking her at face value? Why is the media not asking simple questions, at least, about her and her adult son and their circumstances? Was their house in foreclosure? Why didn't they apply for public housing a year ago -- I know there's a 2-year waiting period, they said, but they'd be another year closer (maybe they did, but the implication is that they didn't)? What has the son done to try to find a job? Why is the media taking everything she/they said as gospel? I'm simply asking why the media (and you, apparently) is taking a different view of her than they did of Joe? It is, in fact, a double standard. You admitted it, but it's ok with you why?

No, I think it's different due to motivation. Joe the liar, I mean Plumber was doing his song and dance as a politically-motivated piece of propaganda.

#25 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

well, this woman hasn't become a major talking point, hasn't whored herself out to the media, hasn't come out with a book or country album, hasn't allowed herself to be ridiculously exploited, hasn't pretended she's a barometer for what a segment of society is thinking, hasn't taken a job as a war correspondent she wasn't qualified to have, and isn't working for a major news network now as a consultant.

i guess when she does all of those things she could be vetted to make sure she wasn't lying about half the things she said.

#26 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

well, this woman hasn't become a major talking point, hasn't whored herself out to the media, hasn't come out with a book or country album, hasn't allowed herself to be ridiculously exploited, hasn't pretended she's a barometer for what a segment of society is thinking, hasn't taken a job as a war correspondent she wasn't qualified to have, and isn't working for a major news network now as a consultant.

i guess when she does all of those things she could be vetted to make sure she wasn't lying about half the things she said.

Ahem...he was vetted before he did any of those things.

#27 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Ahem...he was vetted before he did any of those things.

clearly, which is why they didn't know he wasn't a registered plumber or couldn't legally join a union in ohio.

#28 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

No, I think it's different due to motivation. Joe the liar, I mean Plumber was doing his song and dance as a politically-motivated piece of propaganda.

1) Even if that's true about Joe, how would the media have known that without asking more questions than just simply taking his word?
2) How would the media (or you) know anything about her motivation at all, without asking more questions?

You and the media have made huge assumptions and have taken her at face value when they didn't Joe. Why is it different?

#29 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

clearly, which is why they didn't know he wasn't a registered plumber or couldn't legally join a union in ohio.

And this woman lives in a car with her son. Do you suppose maybe, just maybe, there are some things in her past that aren't on the up and up?

#30 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

Do you really not understand how ridiculous all that sounds?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.