<

Photo
- - - - -

Duke at UNC Game thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#196 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

In any case, I think it's pretty clear that dook has nothing inside against Carolina. The only way for dook to beat Carolina is to hit a pooload of three's.

Duke has had nothing inside against anyone since Irving went out, everybody knows that. And you do realize when Duke beat unc this year we only hit 8 three pointers in that game right? I wouldn't call that a pooload at all. The way we beat unc is play better defense, not let you shoot 52% from the field and we hit open shots, which we didn't do.

#197 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Duke has had nothing inside against anyone since Irving went out, everybody knows that. And you do realize when Duke beat unc this year we only hit 8 three pointers in that game right? I wouldn't call that a pooload at all. The way we beat unc is play better defense, not let you shoot 52% from the field and we hit open shots, which we didn't do.

LOL, you just won a freakin NC without Irving and with the same inside guys. The MVP of the freakin final 4 came back as a senior to help you win another one, and Smith is a candidate for national player of the year, but now it's all about Irving?

You are cracking me up.:lol:

#198 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

Those are perimeter players who occasionally attack the basket. Irving was able to get guys like the plumlees good looks in the paint.

#199 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

LOL, you just won a freakin NC without Irving and with the same inside guys. The MVP of the freakin final 4 came back as a senior to help you win another one, and Smith is a candidate for national player of the year, but now it's all about Irving?

You are cracking me up.:lol:

It is not all about Irving, I just said we haven't had an inside game since he went out and we were still 19-4. Acutally we lost 3 starters from the NC team Scheyer, Zoubek, and Thomas.:rolleyes:

#200 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Those are perimeter players who occasionally attack the basket. Irving was able to get guys like the plumlees good looks in the paint.

Oh my God, you make so much sense but apparently this is too hard for heels fans to comprehend.:D

#201 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

So how the hell did they get the ball in the paint last year? You act as if you had Larry Drew running the point up until Saturday night.:rolleyes:

#202 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

So how the hell did they get the ball in the paint last year? You act as if you had Larry Drew running the point up until Saturday night.:rolleyes:

Well we had Scheyer who averaged 18ppg, 5apg, and 1turnover, he is not there anymore so we don't have that 3rd scorer that we had last year. We didn't get the ball inside last year Z averaged 6ppg, and Thomas averaged 5ppg.

Edited by bigcatdaddy, 07 March 2011 - 12:35 PM.

#203 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Especially with those big time shot blockers that Miami (OH), Colgate, and Princeton have. Takes some real skill to get the ball down low against their bigs.

#204 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

Well we had Scheyer who averaged 18ppg, 5apg, and 1turnover, he is not there anymore so we don't have that 3rd scorer that we had last year. We didn't get the ball inside last year Z averaged 6ppg, and Thomas averaged 5ppg.

Yeah well, UNC lost an entire starting line up after they won the NC and they had to deal with more than their share of injuries last year, as well as losing quite a few scholarship players since then, so I don't care even a little bit about Irving being MIA. What is Singler's excuse anyway? He's supposed to be able to create his own shots.

#205 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Yeah well, UNC lost an entire starting line up after they won the NC and they had to deal with more than their share of injuries last year, as well as losing quite a few scholarship players since then, so I don't care even a little bit about Irving being MIA. What is Singler's excuse anyway? He's supposed to be able to create his own shots.

Yes you lost 4 starters and finished 5-11 in the conference last year, and we lost 3 starters from our NC team plus the starting PG this year and we are 13-3 in conference. We are not a NC team without Irving and I have never claimed otherwise, hell take Wall off Uk's team last year and what do they do? Irving is a difference maker but there is nothing we can do about him not playing, he is injured so we move on and do the best we can with what we got. As far as Singler he is creating his own shot and getting good looks he is just not knocking them down.

#206 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

Anybody else get a kick out of Nolan Smith throwing the ball to the woman in the Hansbrough jersey sitting front row with about 4 mins left?

#207 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yes you lost 4 starters and finished 5-11 in the conference last year, and we lost 3 starters from our NC team plus the starting PG this year and we are 13-3 in conference. We are not a NC team without Irving and I have never claimed otherwise, hell take Wall off Uk's team last year and what do they do? Irving is a difference maker but there is nothing we can do about him not playing, he is injured so we move on and do the best we can with what we got. As far as Singler he is creating his own shot and getting good looks he is just not knocking them down.

Speaking of UK, where have all the UK smack addicts been all season??

#208 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

Speaking of UK, where have all the UK smack addicts been all season??

They're collecting money so Calipari can buy some better players.