• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

yep....Tom Brady and Dan Marino are sitting on our bench....we just gotta find them....

Name one QB that Carolina has developed?

That was quick....thanks for playing.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how the Panthers can't develop QB's. You have to find a guy with enough talent in the first place, or there is nothing to be developed. Most of the QB's this team has signed have been low round picks or undrafted. JC and Kerry Collins have been about the only exceptions to this rule in the last 16 years.

That's why some of us want to draft a QB while we have the chance to pick anybody we want.

#32 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

he did?

wow I didnt know that

Posted Image

#33 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,060 posts

seriously...you gotta respect a pro qb washout, that turns gay and starts his on bravo show flippin houses....

what! What! What!

#34 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,883 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

wow

#35 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,060 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Posted Image

That guy is fugging crazy too.

#36 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how the Panthers can't develop QB's. You have to find a guy with enough talent in the first place, or there is nothing to be developed. Most of the QB's this team has signed have been low round picks or undrafted. JC and Kerry Collins have been about the only exceptions to this rule in the last 16 years.

That's why some of us want to draft a QB while we have the chance to pick anybody we want.

How many first round Qbs do you want after 14 years?

The majority of teams in the league don't have first rough Qb picks....they actually scout and find players, then develop them.....yeah..I know that sounds really foreign doesn't it?

#37 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,060 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

Not the same guy :P

#38 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

he did?

wow I didnt know that

It was a joke.

Sorry.

#39 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,883 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

lol sorry I dont watch those shows haha

#40 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

How many first round Qbs do you want after 14 years?

The majority of teams in the league don't have first rough Qb picks....they actually scout and find players, then develop them.....yeah..I know that sounds really foreign doesn't it?

How many of them have bonified franchise QB's that they drafted in the 3rd round or later though? There's the Patriots, who admitted that they got lucky, and who else?

But hey, if you're right and and good coaching can make anybody a franchise QB, then Cam Newton is a no brainer because he actually has some natural talent to develop.

#41 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

How many of them have bonified franchise QB's that they drafted in the 3rd round or later though? There's the Patriots, who admitted that they got lucky, and who else?

But hey, if you're right and and good coaching can make anybody a franchise QB, then Cam Newton is a no brainer because he actually has some natural talent to develop.

Yeah...you missed the point....the Panthers have a habit of throwing kids in the fire and ruining them.....coaching has little to do with it.....that's why they have to find strong FA Qbs who can take a hit and have already developed the tools necessary to play Qb in the NFL....because the Panthers have never allowed a Qb to actually develop.

Weinke got to hold a clipboard, but he is really the only Qb we groomed and look what happened there...normally we throw them in after a couple games....IE Collins, Clausen...

Edited by riddel, 04 March 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#42 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

not funny anymore, sorry. hasnt been funny in years

#43 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

Yeah...you missed the point....the Panthers have a habit of throwing kids in the fire and ruining them.....coaching has little to do with it.....that's why they have to find strong FA Qbs who can take a hit and have already developed the tools necessary to play Qb in the NFL....because the Panthers have never allowed a Qb to actually develop.

Weinke got to hold a clipboard, but he is really the only Qb we groomed and look what happened there...normally we throw them in after a couple games....IE Collins, Clausen...

Dude, Weinke sucked. I'm 44yrs old and have a bad leg and I can still move my feet better than he could.

Collins actually won games for us, but he quit on us, not the other way around. He was developing just fine here.

I guess the jury is still out on Clausen, but his natural talent is nowhere near the level of a Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers.

And if your theory is correct, then why haven't any of these QB's been developed after they left here and hooked up with, supposedly, better QB coaches? Face it...talent has been the problem. Peyton Manning would have been good anywhere he went because he's talented, not because some coach made him a QB. He was thrown in the fire as a rookie too, but he came out of it just fine.

Can you name a QB besides Collins, who was drafted by the Panthers and started somewhere else after he left here?

Edited by monstercat, 04 March 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#44 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

Did Craig? ha. Jeff Lewis? Steve B? Fasano? Bazanez? Stefan L? Ha. Carolina: Where bad QB's go to get worse and fade away.

#45 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Did Craig? ha. Jeff Lewis? Steve B? Fasano? Bazanez? Stefan L? Ha. Carolina: Where bad QB's go to get worse and fade away.

They didn't get worse here, they just weren't any good to begin with. The Panthers problem is that they have passed on all the good QB's (since Collins) and tried to coach up lesser talent, and it simply doesn't work that way. If it was that easy, then everybody would wait til the 3rd or 4th round so they could get their QB's a lot cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.