Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

The only way we make the playoffs ever again is if we draft Cam Newton

#48 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

Cam Newton>All Panther players combined X google plex.

#49 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:27 PM

he might not the as good as he once was....but def solid and would help us out big time:hand:

How does someone always on IR help you out big time?

#50 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,194 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

Unless you make the Playoffs year after year like the Colts, Steelers, and Patriots do...you're rebuilding or building. To those who say we're only 3-5 players away I ask you, from what? A one and done like 08? Magical runs like 03 and 05? This team has a long way to go to get where it needs to be.

#51 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,893 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Yeah...you missed the point....the Panthers have a habit of throwing kids in the fire and ruining them.....coaching has little to do with it.....that's why they have to find strong FA Qbs who can take a hit and have already developed the tools necessary to play Qb in the NFL....because the Panthers have never allowed a Qb to actually develop.

Weinke got to hold a clipboard, but he is really the only Qb we groomed and look what happened there...normally we throw them in after a couple games....IE Collins, Clausen...

Well it looks like at this point Jake Delhomme might be the best vet FA on the market this year for the price we would want to spend.

Reunion tour??? :driving:

Edited by teeray, 04 March 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#52 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Unless you make the Playoffs year after year like the Colts, Steelers, and Patriots do...you're rebuilding or building. To those who say we're only 3-5 players away I ask you, from what? A one and done like 08? Magical runs like 03 and 05? This team has a long way to go to get where it needs to be.

Every team is building. I interpret "rebuilding" as a team that has absolutely zero talent, and must purge whatever is left and rebuild. The Panthers have talent, but it's just at the wrong position.

If the Panthers had even a remotely competent quarterback they would win at least 8 games. I guess you could say we are perpetually rebuilding until we find that quarterback, but you can't deny the talented core of players we have to build around. Between Kalil, Stewart(Williams too if he stays), Otah(given he's healthy), Smitty/Gettis/LaFell on offense, and Beason, Johnson, Anderson, Martin, Gamble, Davis on defense... we are a quarterback away from being able to compete in the NFL. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done.

#53 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

we can make the playoffs....here is how.....

when FA period starts...sign Mike Sims-Wlaker, Tommy Harris,

then resign our core guys.....if we have money get Dwill if not let him walk.....

make the trade with the Cincy...our 1 for their 4 and carson....

Draft Patrick Peterson with the #4 pick and lets go make the playoffs guys

#54 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, or by some miracle, a trade for Carson Palmer... I don't care how it happens, but we won't be in the play offs without a QB, I guarantee you that.

#55 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

If we were playing in either the NFC West or the AFC West, I would say that it could definitely happen.

In the NFC South, we will still be hard pressed to get above 3rd in the division.

NFC South is just a damn tough division right now.

#56 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,893 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

Now your starting to get it. I knew you would come around. :thumbsup:

#57 jks85

jks85

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

yep....Tom Brady and Dan Marino are sitting on our bench....we just gotta find them....

Name one QB that Carolina has developed?

That was quick....thanks for playing.

that is irrelevant. teams are more likely to draft a franchise qb than sign one via fa. given the value of having a good qb teams typically don't let good ones go easily. if you get a qb from another team he is prob either not that good or gave away much of your future obtaining him

#58 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,893 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

that is irrelevant. teams are more likely to draft a franchise qb than sign one via fa. given the value of having a good qb teams typically don't let good ones go easily. if you get a qb from another team he is prob either not that good or gave away much of your future obtaining him

New people are always the smartest. :idea:

Well said sir. :patriot:

#59 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

Lol @ us being a playoff team. We were 2-14 last year. We are a long way from even being able to talk about playoffs right now.

#60 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

Lol @ us being a playoff team. We were 2-14 last year. We are a long way from even being able to talk about playoffs right now.

Yep.. we could still be a solid "average" team(by average I mean 7-9/8-8) next season with a good off-season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.