Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stankowalski

ACC Regular Season Champs!!

Speaking of dookies...where is bigcatdaddy? I suppose he is gathering links and stats to show us what would have happened had Irving played. :)

I am here and just like on the other thread where I congratulated unc on the victory I will do the same here. Also like I said on the other thread Irving didn't play so it doesn't matter, I would be a hypocrite to play the "what could have happened game" because it is silly. unc won with the team they had and Duke lost with the team we had, plain and simple. Now do I think we missed having Irving? Of course but we don't have him right now so you have to play with the guys you have.

Irving is/was not their best player. Smith is (one of the few dookies I can respect).

Oh yeah.....

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpg

Irving made everyone better, Smith can't do that he is a scorer and one hell of a player but Irving brings much more to the table.

eam ever' should've lost the ACC championship to a bunch of underclassmen that most of the Duke fans on this forum were making fun of all summer long... Duke fans on here have spent all season thumping their chests about how good this team is, which I'm sure makes this all the more bitter pill to swallow...

been hearing it on the radio, there is one douchebag I can think of in Raleigh who I hope is still trying to remove his foot from his mouth..

how "UNC is in a downward spiral that they'll never recover from"

:lol:

Irving made everyone better, Smith can't do that he is a scorer and one hell of a player but Irving brings much more to the table.

Before Marshall took the keys over for us, Smith was leading the ACC assists (and scoring). How does one do that and a freshman, that only played subpar oppoenents, brings more to the table/makes everyone better?

Not this UNC fan... he's good, but I don't know that he's as good as Wall... I need to see more... That being said, he wasn't the preseason NPOY like Singler, or the likely NPOY, like Smith... And nobody on Carolina is in that discussion... This team won't have anybody as a first (probably not second) team All-American... Duke has more than enough perimeter talent to fill the void, as Smith has shown... If you need to convince yourself that the loss of Irving, 3 months ago, is the reason you lost, go for it... Nolan Smith seems to have stepped in nicely at the point in the absence of Irving, so you'll never convince me Duke's 'best team ever' should've lost the ACC championship to a bunch of underclassmen that most of the Duke fans on this forum were making fun of all summer long... Duke fans on here have spent all season thumping their chests about how good this team is, which I'm sure makes this all the more bitter pill to swallow...

Actually HB was a preseason national All-American first time ever for a freshman. I agree Nolan has stepped up and played great but Duke is a lot better with Irving playing just like unc is much better with Marshall playing. unc has a lot of talent so don't try and downplay what you have, they underachieved last year and the beginning of the year and are finally playing the way they should have.

KMarshall on First Take.. UNC getting some play on the air waves this AM..

Actually HB was a preseason national All-American first time ever for a freshman. I agree Nolan has stepped up and played great but Duke is a lot better with Irving playing just like unc is much better with Marshall playing. unc has a lot of talent so don't try and downplay what you have, they underachieved last year and the beginning of the year and are finally playing the way they should have.

Definitely not downplaying what they've accomplished... Matter of fact, I'm revelling in it... What I AM saying is that nobody on this team, to my knowledge, is in the talks for NPOY or 1st Team AA... I know Barnes was a preseason AA, which if we're being honest, was probably a bit unfair, but whatever that's another discussion... And I'm by no means someone you can look to in order to downplay their talent level... That's what has been happening on here for over a year now by you, and other anti-UNC posters... So me downplay? Oh hell no...

Definitely not downplaying what they've accomplished... Matter of fact, I'm revelling in it... What I AM saying is that nobody on this team, to my knowledge, is in the talks for NPOY or 1st Team AA... I know Barnes was a preseason AA, which if we're being honest, was probably a bit unfair, but whatever that's another discussion... And I'm by no means someone you can look to in order to downplay their talent level... That's what has been happening on here for over a year now by you, and other anti-UNC posters... So me downplay? Oh hell no...

I am confused, I have never downplayed the talent level, I said they underachieved last year and the beginning of the year. You have the most talent in the ACC, you have 3 guys averaging double figure points and the most talented front court in the league. So tell me where I ever downplayed the talent on your roster?

I am confused, I have never downplayed the talent level, I said they underachieved last year and the beginning of the year. You have the most talent in the ACC, you have 3 guys averaging double figure points and the most talented front court in the league. So tell me where I ever downplayed the talent on your roster?

Do we really need to go back and start bumping threads about Kendall Marshall, and recruits that Carolina has coming in not being worthy, and so on and so forth?? You've trashed Marshall, you've trashed Zeller, you've trashed the UNC bigs as a whole, etc... Do you not remember saying that Marshall (and others on Carolina) get added to the McD's AA game only because of the school they pick? I'm sure Stan, Bleys, MC and others are chomping at the bit to go thread bumping for you... You can spin it into you saying they underachieved if you want, but you (and others to be fair) have spent the better part of the last 14 months or so railing Carolina for being down... Next you'll be backpedaling saying that Roy is a better coach than you've been saying if he wins the ACC COY... Now you'll take this entire statement, highlight one sentence, ignore the whole, and twist... It's what you do...