Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Harris trade a year later

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Most "highlight videos" show GOOD highlights for a player. They aren't going to show bad plays or it would be called lowlights.

Wow, I never thought of that. Maybe I should re-think my position on the greatness of Richie Incognito. Which I had based on a 34 second YouTube clip and the coolness of his last name.

Posted

While Godfrey did give up some big plays, people forget that Harris was forgettable the year before. How many "Highlight Hits" did he wiff on? Harris is a good safety but the difference between Harris and Godfrey and/or Martin is minimal.

We were talking about this past year...

Posted

Wait, is this a serious thread? Chris Harris was selected as an All-Pro safety and was integral to the Bears run to the NFC Championship Game. Jamar Williams was an injured 6th-string linebacker. It was one of the most lobsided trades in the history of the team.

I hope jtm had just suffered a concussion when he posted this thread.

Posted

Didn't Jamar look pretty good in his playing time? I know he got hurt but still...

The trade was also about freeing up money and getting our young talent on the field(Martin and Godfrey). Godfrey has all the tools, his ceiling is much higher than Harris', and he is much faster. But Harris doesn't make many mental mistakes, and has a knack to make plays. Both are big hitters.

Posted

I think people were whining because we saw a 2-14 team, while the office didn't. Mixed with a complete refusal to sign any worth FA's or experience on the field. Going young was a good idea, but don't be naive, going young was a blanket term for last year. There were other motives.

the only people who saw 2-14 last year have been banned from the board.

Posted

While we are on the subject -

Julius Peppers - 2010 54 tackles, 8 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 int

AGE - 31

Charles Johnson - 2010 62 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 0 int

AGE - 24

*CJ doesn't cost $17 million a year and doesn't take plays off*

yeah, i keep seeing these comparisons, but the bears defense would have been significantly worse w/johnson instead of peppers. letting peppers go made sense b/c we were going into rebuilding not b/c charles johnson is anywhere near as good as peppers

edit: also, chris harris had a good year

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah, i keep seeing these comparisons, but the bears defense would have been significantly worse w/johnson instead of peppers. letting peppers go made sense b/c we were going into rebuilding not b/c charles johnson is anywhere near as good as peppers

edit: also, chris harris had a good year

if i had to guess, that dude probably is a state fan.

Posted

Speaking of this trade J Williams only tallied 2 tackles and only played in 3 games. Sounds like a lousy trade to me. But I guess he's depth.

Carolina didn't tender Williams... he'll be a UFA, CBA pending.

Posted

It was a lousy trade. Harris had a better year than Martin and was a team leader. Give me 4 interceptions over 15 tackles any day. I understand the value of getting Martin some playing time and Harris IS on the back end of his career, but it was still a lousy trade.

Posted

I don't care what Godfrey or Martin did, we traded for Jamar Williams who notched a whopping 2 tackles before ending up on IR. So far it looks like a bad trade.

Posted

Jamal Williams put in work when he wasnt hurt though.

Posted

What's the ****** reason for this thread?