46 replies to this topic

#16 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:55 PM

How many big plays were given up by Godfrey, and compare that to Harris? Let's not forget the physicality that Harris brought to the run defense as well, and Godfrey getting abused like a wife by Peyton Hillis

#17 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

How many big plays were given up by Godfrey, and compare that to Harris? Let's not forget the physicality that Harris brought to the run defense as well, and Godfrey getting abused like a wife by Peyton Hillis

Godfrey was not the only player to get abused by Hillis. Hillis trucked guys twice the size of Godfrey all of last year.

While Godfrey did give up some big plays, people forget that Harris was forgettable the year before. How many "Highlight Hits" did he wiff on? Harris is a good safety but the difference between Harris and Godfrey and/or Martin is minimal.

#18 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

I'd be willing to bet Harris got burnt his fair share too.

#19 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

I'd be willing to bet Harris got burnt his fair share too.

Well, I watched all of his highlight videos and in none of them did he get burned.

#20 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

Speaking of this trade J Williams only tallied 2 tackles and only played in 3 games. Sounds like a lousy trade to me. But I guess he's depth.

#21 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

We had the 5th most plays from the line of scrimmage. We certainly got a lot of opportunity to make plays. It tends to really help your defensive stats when your offense is 32nd in the league....jus sayin.

Harris is a player and a leader. FYI, if your safeties are making all those tackles, then your DLs and LBs are missing.....LOL

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

I still miss Harris, he was a great guy and a heck of a player. Hate that the Bears got him back for next to nothing

#23 KBlizz

KBlizz

Poe Bandwagoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Well, I watched all of his highlight videos and in none of them did he get burned.

Most "highlight videos" show GOOD highlights for a player. They aren't going to show bad plays or it would be called lowlights.

#24 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

This argument will go both ways until this thread dies.

#25 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Most "highlight videos" show GOOD highlights for a player. They aren't going to show bad plays or it would be called lowlights.

Wow, I never thought of that. Maybe I should re-think my position on the greatness of Richie Incognito. Which I had based on a 34 second YouTube clip and the coolness of his last name.

#26 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

While Godfrey did give up some big plays, people forget that Harris was forgettable the year before. How many "Highlight Hits" did he wiff on? Harris is a good safety but the difference between Harris and Godfrey and/or Martin is minimal.

We were talking about this past year...

#27 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

Wait, is this a serious thread? Chris Harris was selected as an All-Pro safety and was integral to the Bears run to the NFC Championship Game. Jamar Williams was an injured 6th-string linebacker. It was one of the most lobsided trades in the history of the team.

I hope jtm had just suffered a concussion when he posted this thread.

#28 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

Didn't Jamar look pretty good in his playing time? I know he got hurt but still...

The trade was also about freeing up money and getting our young talent on the field(Martin and Godfrey). Godfrey has all the tools, his ceiling is much higher than Harris', and he is much faster. But Harris doesn't make many mental mistakes, and has a knack to make plays. Both are big hitters.

#29 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

I think people were whining because we saw a 2-14 team, while the office didn't. Mixed with a complete refusal to sign any worth FA's or experience on the field. Going young was a good idea, but don't be naive, going young was a blanket term for last year. There were other motives.

the only people who saw 2-14 last year have been banned from the board.

#30 jks85

jks85

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

While we are on the subject -

Julius Peppers - 2010 54 tackles, 8 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 int
AGE - 31
Charles Johnson - 2010 62 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 0 int
AGE - 24
*CJ doesn't cost $17 million a year and doesn't take plays off*

yeah, i keep seeing these comparisons, but the bears defense would have been significantly worse w/johnson instead of peppers. letting peppers go made sense b/c we were going into rebuilding not b/c charles johnson is anywhere near as good as peppers

edit: also, chris harris had a good year

Edited by jks85, 06 March 2011 - 04:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com