• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

I honestly don't know at this point... I can see Barnes and Henson going, but I can just as easily see them staying... Barnes was lights out at times, yes, but was also very inconsistent and I'm sure didn't have the complete season he was hoping to have... I think there's something to be said for his education, but I don't know that it's enough to keep a leash on him... Maybe another season... Maybe... Henson, to me, is more likely to make the jump, but less ready, IMO... He's GOT to get stronger and bigger... Those NBA guys will break him... His Free Throw % is atrocious, and for every play he makes that leaves you shaking your head, he makes one that leaves you scratching your head too... Marshall returns... Bullock returns, of course... I think Zeller returns, but it's not a lock given the lack of effective big men in the draft for this year... If we lose Henson, Zeller, Knox and Barnes, we'll be hurtin' for size...

On Duke's side, Singler and Smith are gone, of course... I think pretty much everyone expects Irving to bolt... I could see Curry going, too, but that's no given... I've seen experts talk about Plumlee going because of the need for big men... If they lose Singler, Smith, Curry and Irving, they'll be hurtin...

#2 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Yeah i see Barnes and Henson going, same with Irving. (who will not play again this season) Curry stays and with his brother sit to play at Duke next season Plumlee will be back.

#3 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:40 PM

With the strong possibility of lockout next season, it's possible a lot of these guys aren't gonna hesitate to stay.

#4 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

With the strong possibility of lockout next season, it's possible a lot of these guys aren't gonna hesitate to stay.

Would pray for a lockout if it meant Irving was to return next season.

#5 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

The only person that will leave is Irving. I dont think Irving and Rivers will play well together but I'm sure Dookies would love to see it. Barnes, Henson, and Zeller will stay for a title run, maybe even back to back :)

One thing that may play in every college kids mind who thinks about staying when their stock is high...Singler. He lost alot of money by staying this year. He would have been a lottery pick and now maybe late 1st rd.

Edited by Wanderlai, 06 March 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#6 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

I think Barnes wants to win a National Championship. And honestly I think we're much too young to expect this team to win 6 in a row in the big dance. So I think he stays. I also think Henson stays. Word is that he loves it at Chapel Hill (much like Hansbrough). Zeller stays. Irving is gone and is the only underclassman dook will lose.

IF everybody stays, I think next year a National Title is a legitimate possibility with Hairston and McAdoo coming in to give us a boost off the bench.

#7 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:55 PM

I can't wait to see McAdoo on the floor

#8 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Yeah i see Barnes and Henson going, same with Irving. (who will not play again this season) Curry stays and with his brother sit to play at Duke next season Plumlee will be back.

lol where else would plumlee go? the NBA doesn't need a guy who can only get 2ppg against college kids.

#9 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

lol where else would plumlee go? the NBA doesn't need a guy who can only get 2ppg against college kids.

I'm not the one who brought his name up in the 1st place, see OP.

#10 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Barnes & Zeller stay, Henson jets, McAdoo replaces.

Irving goes, Curry stays.

Edited by scarface, 06 March 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#11 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Plumlee was mentioned only because of this

http://insider.espn....raft&id=6181077

Plumlee hasn't really lived up to the hype, either. Coming into the season, we had him ranked as the ninth-highest prospect on the Big Board. In the first matchup, he had a whopping two points in 29 minutes. The eight rebounds was his only real standout stat. But like Barnes, the devil is in the details. Plumlee isn't a great offensive player, but he's a bouncy athlete who plays defense and really attacks the offensive boards. There's a huge market in the NBA for those types of players.

"I love him," one NBA GM said. "He'll be in the league for a long, long time with that sort of motor, size and bounce. He doesn't do a lot offensively, but [Duke coach] Mike [Krzyzewski] doesn't exactly run plays for the guy, either. He's a for-sure lottery pick in my book, probably in the top 10. I can't wait to see him go against Henson and Zeller again."

#12 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

He's a for-sure lottery pick in my book, probably in the top 10. I can't wait to see him go against Henson and Zeller again."

Huh?

#13 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Huh?

Article was written Friday, before the game... I don't know who the scout was that Ford interviewed that said this...

#14 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

LOL...wtf was that dude smoking?

#15 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

LOL...wtf was that dude smoking?

It sounds like one of BCD's posts, to be honest heh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.