#16 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

I understand Gamble's gripe 100% and don't hold mouthing off against him.

I do think he'll be re-energized by the change in staffs and philosophies.

Gamble got his money. Now he sucks. The life of a professional athlete.

#17 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

I agree. Ever since he got the big contract. I see him get burned, play off wr's, and reaching for jerseys to tackle. He needs to greatly improve. Captain took his spot because he wasnt playing hard and Munny was. I've been saying this for a while. I think he's #2 corner and Patrick Peterson would take his spot by week 1. Hopefully Fox lit a fire under him and he proves me wrong. I wouldnt be upset if we drafted PP #1.

#18 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Gamble has always been overrated......Carolina consistantly has overpaid vets more than they are worth. Gamble was never worth his $. He was paid like a great corner and has always just been a good corner.

I hope Rivera does get him excited to play again......

#19 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

From I remember, Gamble was mouthing off because the coaching staff was questioning his play on the field. I believe it was just part of the frustration of being on a 2-14 team

#20 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,703 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

I would imagine any "mouthing off" or whatever it was got under Fox's skin. Had it been directed towards Meeks, well he is now the secondary coach and that could be interesting. Damn't, I want Peterson to help us out.

I would assume that any issue(s) between Gamble and Meeks would have been worked out one way or another prior to Meeks being retained.

#21 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Gamble has always been overrated......Carolina consistantly has overpaid vets more than they are worth. Gamble was never worth his $. He was paid like a great corner and has always just been a good corner.

I hope Rivera does get him excited to play again......

Honestly, what athlete is WORTH their money? I'm pretty sure Gamble is one of the top 5 paid at his position - and regarding sports, that is how professional athletes judge themselves. What I mean is, the guy is already rich, in great shape, and has reached the pro level which in it's own right classifies them as great. Being among the highest paid is the next tier of ranking themselves amongst their peers.

Gamble has been a good player, but ever since his contract he at times has appeared to try to arm tackle more (tackling has always been Gambles strong point as a player), and his play against the run has dropped off. I don't even know how many INTs he has had in the past 2 seasons but I would be shocked if it was more than four. I know Gamble has never been a pick off machine but at times he looked like one of the worst corners in the league...

Sure, he was frustrated last year. We all were. But instead of stepping his game up and being a leader (which he sure as hell is being paid to be), he whined, got burned, and got benched.

I hope Chico can get this guy motivated again and get him playing well, because IMHO, Captain could end up pushing Gamble out of town.

One last ??? - would you trade Gamble right now for a mid 3rd rounder?

#22 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

From I remember, Gamble was mouthing off because the coaching staff was questioning his play on the field. I believe it was just part of the frustration of being on a 2-14 team

Yeah, what was the mysterious injury that Gamble came down with towards the end of the season? Like a "stomach injury" or something? the person who diagnosed that was prb the same guy who diagnosed Jake and his "finger"

#23 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

Honestly, what athlete is WORTH their money? I'm pretty sure Gamble is one of the top 5 paid at his position - and regarding sports, that is how professional athletes judge themselves. What I mean is, the guy is already rich, in great shape, and has reached the pro level which in it's own right classifies them as great. Being among the highest paid is the next tier of ranking themselves amongst their peers.

Gamble has been a good player, but ever since his contract he at times has appeared to try to arm tackle more (tackling has always been Gambles strong point as a player), and his play against the run has dropped off. I don't even know how many INTs he has had in the past 2 seasons but I would be shocked if it was more than four. I know Gamble has never been a pick off machine but at times he looked like one of the worst corners in the league...

Sure, he was frustrated last year. We all were. But instead of stepping his game up and being a leader (which he sure as hell is being paid to be), he whined, got burned, and got benched.

I hope Chico can get this guy motivated again and get him playing well, because IMHO, Captain could end up pushing Gamble out of town.

One last ??? - would you trade Gamble right now for a mid 3rd rounder?

I wouldn't trade Gamble. We need a motivated Gamble.

#24 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Gamble is good but he could be much better. I still don't think he's peaked yet.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

^ I agree we NEED a motivated Gamble. He was playing very well, but his big time contract + pooty team really exposed his maturity level as a player. My friend use to live next to him before he moved and said CG was a real reserved, nice guy.And he has never been in trouble with the law... So I'm not taking any personal shots at him. But as a player, he really lost some my respect LY.

It is the Coaches jobs to get this guy motivated and play well, but this isn't HS or D1. He is an adult who makes a lot of money playing a kids game. Grow up and man up.

Edited by MrTouchdown, 07 March 2011 - 06:25 PM.
;

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,729 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

I don't know that he's overrated so much as people's expectations of corners are generally too high.

Even guys like Revis and Asomugha get burned sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com