New SB Nation Mock Draft
Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:36 PM
Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:37 PM
1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn. As much of a risk as Blaine Gabbert might be with the first overall pick, Newton is a significantly bigger one. His star power, however, may be too hard for the Panthers to pass up - and the idea of a division featuring Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman and Newton is incredibly enticing.
2. Denver Broncos: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU. After releasing Jamal Williams and Justin Bannan last week, defensive tackle is Denver's most pressing need. There's an excellent chance that John Elway's Broncos take advantage of a deep DT class and a high second-round pick so that they can take arguably the best prospect here.
3. Buffalo Bills: Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson. Bills head coach Chan Gailey is committed to running a defense featuring 3-4 and 4-3 looks - and what the Bills really lack defensively is a player that can pressure the quarterback out of both fronts. Bowers is a versatile athlete capable of moving around with nose tackle Kyle Williams.
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri. Carson Palmer's continued insistence, through various media leaks, that he's done in Cincinnati will likely force the Bengals' hand here if either Newton or Gabbert is available. In either case, Cincinnati would likely target a veteran while the rookie grooms - just as they did with Palmer.
5. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M. There's little question that aside from quarterback, rush linebacker is Arizona's biggest area of concern. As the Cardinals are expected to take the veteran route at quarterback, there's a very reasonable chance the rock-solid Miller winds up atop Arizona's big board.
Here is top 5 by them
Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:42 PM
Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:45 PM
Edited by SPANKY, 07 March 2011 - 02:26 PM.
Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:50 PM
Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:17 PM
Here is top 5 by them
Best Mock Draft I seen this year....
All I have to say what do we have the lose its either Cam going be good or he going be a bust.But the Panthers might just go ahead and pull the trigger and pray to god he be good.Everybody in the world is doubting the kid, every were I go people are already saying he will be a Jamarcus Russell or and Ryan Leaf or he going be the biggest bust ever.. The Panthers just need to make sure is this who they want because we arent going to be never a good team into we have a QB. Because we cant count on having Andrew Luck next year or Barkley we might be in the top 10 but there is no chance they fall past the top 3. Maybe this is the year the panthers get there QB.Or maybe not?
If we go offense and keep the number 1 pick it will Cam newton but if we go defense it maybe marcell Dareus witch i have no problem with. Also 2 dark horses Von Miller and Patrick Peterson..
Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:17 PM
All I have to say what do we have the lose its either Cam going be good or he going be a bust.[QUOTE]
Possibly the ability to draft a good DT and CB by trading out.