• 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

His first?

If so.....hehehehe.

The next 2 months suuuuuuuuck.
Then it gets better.

Kinda.

When they get 15 (like my oldest) and can fix YOU dinner, is when it's nice.

#19 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,392 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hope everything went well and best of luck to you and the women!

Cheers mate.

#20 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

Thank you all very much -- I really appreciate it.

Grayson Ezra Hartis was born at 7:26 a.m., weighing 7 lbs. flat and measuring 19.5". The c-section went really well. Yesterday was a bit rough as we were up since 3 a.m. (with only a couple hours of sleep), and then we had doctors, nurses, housekeeping and lactation consultants checking in every hour (though, of course, they never came all at the same time).

He's not taking to the breast very well. :P We really wanted to ensure his first feeding was from the breast, but that didn't happen. We had to give him a bottle at noon, but at least he's fed. He's currently napping in his mother-in-law's arms. He's exhausted after getting circumsized today. :(

Needless to say, we're learning a lot and are excited about what the future holds. Thanks to you all again for the advice and well wishes today and in the past.

Cheers!

#21 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

My daughter has been waking up at 515 every morning still and she is 14 months old...Good Luck :D

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Grayson Ezra Hartis was born at 7:26 a.m., weighing 7 lbs. flat and measuring 19.5". The c-section went really well. Yesterday was a bit rough as we were up since 3 a.m. (with only a couple hours of sleep), and then we had doctors, nurses, housekeeping and lactation consultants checking in every hour (though, of course, they never came all at the same time).

He's not taking to the breast very well. :P We really wanted to ensure his first feeding was from the breast, but that didn't happen. We had to give him a bottle at noon, but at least he's fed. He's currently napping in his mother-in-law's arms. He's exhausted after getting circumsized today. :(

Needless to say, we're learning a lot and are excited about what the future holds. Thanks to you all again for the advice and well wishes today and in the past.

Cheers!

have fun dude.

#23 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

My daughter has been waking up at 515 every morning still and she is 14 months old...Good Luck :D

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

#24 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

I read your book mmmbeans and things worked out good for a bit. the problem was we started off late so she does not like us leaving the room. She is also cutting all her teeth all at once very late and thats an added strain on her. Plus I put her to sleep earlier in the evenings because she doesnt take long enough naps...FML

#25 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

He's not taking to the breast very well. !

well, you can be safe that baby isn't mine or biscuit's then!!!!

congrats!

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,391 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

I got a 4 week old. 4 hrs of sleep and I do cartwheels the next day of pure joy.

Congrats BB.

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

dude. that sounds terrible.

http://www.ehow.com/...eeper-hold.html

#28 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

Cheers!

Sometimes, if the mother is a new Mommy, the baby has a hard time accepting the breast. There is apprehension on both sides of the bewbie, so to speak.
Also, sometimes babies have a tricky time latching on the the bewbie. There are contributing factors like the angle of attack. Some babies can latch on when cradled on Mommy's arms and others need to be held on the side lke a football.
Most hospitals have a nursing nurse that can help Mommy so that baby can latch on easier.
Good luck and congrats, Bro!

#29 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

there are youtube vids for breast feeding

#30 PanthaSan

PanthaSan