Photo
- - - - -

ACC Individual Awards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#49 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

Yeah but it could determine whether you get a 2 seed or drop to a 4 or 5 seed if you would lose on Friday. The Acc tourney is really important for Duke and unc this year.

This tournament is really important for the top 6 in the ACC .

#50 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Yeah unc would need to win the Acc tourney, Notre Dame to lose today, and probably Texas to lose as well to get the 1 seed. I think OSU, KU, and Pitt are all locks at #1's and I think it is down to ND and Duke for the last #1 but there is a real chance unc or Texas could steal it away if ND and Duke both stumble early in their tourneys and Texas or unc wins theirs.

Duke is typically an excellent tournament team... They are my pick to win the ACC right now... I don't have the brackets in front of me, but Carolina losing in the second game wouldn't shock me... Young team for this environment... They have the talent to win it, but I just feel like there's a stumble waiting to happen... If it does, however, come down to another Duke - UNC matchup, it'll be no holds barred again, of course...

#51 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

This tournament is really important for the top 6 in the ACC .

Yes, I stand corrected, top 6 teams. BTW let's say BC and VT both win their first game do you think they both make the NCAA tourney? I think they both make it with one more win FWIW and the Acc gets 6 teams in.

#52 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Duke is typically an excellent tournament team... They are my pick to win the ACC right now... I don't have the brackets in front of me, but Carolina losing in the second game wouldn't shock me... Young team for this environment... They have the talent to win it, but I just feel like there's a stumble waiting to happen... If it does, however, come down to another Duke - UNC matchup, it'll be no holds barred again, of course...

We normally are, I am just a little worried with the way our defense played against unc plus Singler's shooting woes. Our D has got to be better and if Singler's jumper isn't falling he has to try and take the ball inside and not just stand out there taking J's that aren't falling. unc has played well I just don't know about their stamina in games back to back days when you really only have one guy that can run the point plus the way unc likes to run up and down the court. We will see that is why I love this time of year and me and the wife always take off ACC friday to go to a bar and watch the games, Taco Mac if anyone wants to join.:D

#53 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

We normally are, I am just a little worried with the way our defense played against unc plus Singler's shooting woes. Our D has got to be better and if Singler's jumper isn't falling he has to try and take the ball inside and not just stand out there taking J's that aren't falling. unc has played well I just don't know about their stamina in games back to back days when you really only have one guy that can run the point plus the way unc likes to run up and down the court. We will see that is why I love this time of year and me and the wife always take off ACC friday to go to a bar and watch the games, Taco Mac if anyone wants to join.:D

Would love to, but can you get a bit closer to Fort Worth? ;-)

#54 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:42 AM

Would love to, but can you get a bit closer to Fort Worth? ;-)

Ha, the wife was just down in Dallas for a conference and the closest I have been to Fort Worth is Houston. We will probably do Taco Mac for lunch and Black Finn downtown for dinner so too bad you are in Fort Worth.:) There is a good chance I will be drunk by the time the Duke game starts.:D

#55 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

Ha, the wife was just down in Dallas for a conference and the closest I have been to Fort Worth is Houston. We will probably do Taco Mac for lunch and Black Finn downtown for dinner so too bad you are in Fort Worth.:) There is a good chance I will be drunk by the time the Duke game starts.:D

I gotta try to see if I can get the online feed here at work... Else, I sense a sick day coming up...

#56 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

I gotta try to see if I can get the online feed here at work... Else, I sense a sick day coming up...

Yeah I always come down with something this time of year, maybe it's the pollen in the air. ;)