Photo
- - - - -

What Will Your Reaction Be, If Panthers Decide to Take Newton #1 Before Draft?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

I know he has a lot of the huddle divided as to whether people want him with the #1 pick or not, but I'm really starting to think unless Gabbert comes out of his pro day looking like Peyton Manning that we're gonna pick Cam. Rivera seems enamored with him, and we're obviously showing a lot of interest while doing our due diligence.

That being said, I'm actually looking forward to us proclaiming who will be the #1 pick before the draft and working out a contract with him prior to the actual draft like many other #1s have done recently. Although I don't know if we'd be able to negotiate that contract with the current labor issues until they're resolved.

My question though: What would your reaction be if we came out and declared that we will be taking him #1 before the draft?

Would you be more disappointed if we waited until draft day to pick or do you want it wrapped up before the draft? Do you think it makes a difference?

#2 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

I dont care. I also would be ok with drafting Cam Newton. The problem is that there is no CBA right at this moment so right now it really doesnt matter.

#3 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

JEEBUS!

Make it all end.......please!

#4 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

I'll be disappointed, but will get over it and do what I always do when we draft someone.. hope for the best.

#5 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Despite being "anti-winning," I'll will be happy with whoever we pick. I'll be happier if we take Dareus or Gabbert. But I would still rather take Cam than take a CB #1.

#6 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

My reaction
Posted Image

Haters reaction

Posted Image

#7 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

I will take a bite of a York peppermint patti so I can get the sensation of running naked through the jungle, while Asian school girls shoot cold water up my ass.

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:12 PM

I'll swallow my pride and root for the kid, but I won't be happy we didn't milk tine to field trade offers.

#9 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Probably the same reaction I had to taking Clausen....:banghead:

#10 Primetime 89

Primetime 89

Swag Surfin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

I would have to consult a doctor because my reaction would persist for more than 4 hours

Edited by Primetime 89, 08 March 2011 - 04:14 PM.

#11 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

I'd be excited on the "potential" that he could bring to the offense that was the worst in the NFL. I think once it's over the divide between the fan base will become optimistic about Cam at first.

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'll be disappointed, but will get over it and do what I always do when we draft someone.. hope for the best.

I wouldn't be disappointed with this one, but that's a good approach because as has been hashed and re-hashed here, Hurney has an excellent track record in #1s... now what he does after that is a different story (Everette Brown, Armanti, CJ Irvin, Attiyah Ellison, Eric Shelton, Dwayne Jarrett, etc.)... But, it seems he's on point with the #1 every year.

Guilty admission: I was really disappointed in the Beason pick and thought it was a reach... I am now his biggest fan and know that while I may be football savvy and know quite a bit about some players coming out, he is our GM for a reason and I'm just a talking head on a message board.

#13 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

I will take a bite of a York peppermint patti so I can get the sensation of running naked through the jungle, while Asian school girls shoot cold water up my ass.

Where can i get one of those? that sounds so much better than watching Cam.

#14 paulSM

paulSM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

smokescreen

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER