Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vivian Schiller ousted as NPR chief

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes we know, NPR is the home of responsible journalism. And when people are dismissed for doing stupid things, Fox hires them because they are the kind of folks they click with.

Posted

:lol:

Posted

Dumbasses misrepresenting themselves attacking respectable journalistic institutions. Don't love it.

My main beef with this, is the dude was a fundraiser, not a journalist. He's not held to the same journalistic standards (And aren't conservatives the ones who get all up in arms over privacy issues? They won't cooperate with the Census, but they're fine secretly taping a business lunch solely in an effort to attack someone?)

Frankly I'm fine with her ouster, because her actions in suspending him show her cowardice. You're really going to break your back apologizing to a bunch of activists masquerading as Muslims? (And that's another thing? Why did they need to go as Muslims? Are the O'Keefe nuthuggers insinuating that doing businiess with people who aren't white Americans is bad? "Look! He's with a Muslim! Look!") And we haven't even seen the unedited tape yet. O'Keefe's bunch have already been busted editting video.

But on the positive side, I found this refreshing:

Liberal Controversy: Man has and intelligent conversation at a businesss lunch

Conservative Controversy: Diddling pages, Rent Boys, and Toe-tapping in airport bathroom stalls

Posted

Dumbasses misrepresenting themselves attacking respectable journalistic institutions. Don't love it.

My main beef with this, is the dude was a fundraiser, not a journalist. He's not held to the same journalistic standards (And aren't conservatives the ones who get all up in arms over privacy issues? They won't cooperate with the Census, but they're fine secretly taping a business lunch solely in an effort to attack someone?)

Frankly I'm fine with her ouster, because her actions in suspending him show her cowardice. You're really going to break your back apologizing to a bunch of activists masquerading as Muslims? (And that's another thing? Why did they need to go as Muslims? Are the O'Keefe nuthuggers insinuating that doing businiess with people who aren't white Americans is bad? "Look! He's with a Muslim! Look!") And we haven't even seen the unedited tape yet. O'Keefe's bunch have already been busted editting video.

But on the positive side, I found this refreshing:

Liberal Controversy: Man has and intelligent conversation at a businesss lunch

Conservative Controversy: Diddling pages, Rent Boys, and Toe-tapping in airport bathroom stalls

Weeellll....ok maybe.

I'm not sure I give a damn about who is bangin whom, but I'm not real cool with the hypocrisy of family values and anti-gay legislation and THEN going bathroom stall....so I get your point.

HOWEVER, I did NOT appreciate the NPR people and their fawning over these posers and their "cause".

Makes me question both their integrity as journalists and (at the risk of sounding like a jingoist) as Americans.

So again, it looks like I pretty much hate everybody for everything, and unlike most, can't drum up much sympathy for either side of the political spectrum.

1 person likes this

Posted

Weeellll....ok maybe.

I'm not sure I give a damn about who is bangin whom, but I'm not real cool with the hypocrisy of family values and anti-gay legislation and THEN going bathroom stall....so I get your point.

HOWEVER, I did NOT appreciate the NPR people and their fawning over these posers and their "cause".

Makes me question both their integrity as journalists and (at the risk of sounding like a jingoist) as Americans.

So again, it looks like I pretty much hate everybody for everything, and unlike most, can't drum up much sympathy for either side of the political spectrum.

You have to remember the standard response in this forum is (if our side did it) "no big deal" (if the other side did it) "HANG THEM!"

Posted

Trying to keep some of their public funding.

Posted

Just change one letter...pubic television. Funding would be no problem.

Posted

The Tea Party and their Rape Boat gotcha journalism are the 4chan of the real world.

Posted

Just change one letter...pubic television. Funding would be no problem.

wat

Posted

This must be big - I mean Libya is in flames, theres budget battles all over the country, theres an outed GOP Congressman - again, Discovery just got back from it's last flight - but this is the TOP Fox News.com story

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All these media lies and bias are just driving people to change their media outlets. Alternative media ftw!