g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

http://dailycaller.c...of-video-sting/

http://www.npr.org/b...gns?ft=1&f=1001

and regardless of how NPR phrases this...

http://twitter.com/b...498365286424576

She had no intentions of resigning. Love it.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:21 AM

Yes we know, NPR is the home of responsible journalism. And when people are dismissed for doing stupid things, Fox hires them because they are the kind of folks they click with.

#3 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,951 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

:lol:

#4 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,864 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:27 AM

Dumbasses misrepresenting themselves attacking respectable journalistic institutions. Don't love it.

My main beef with this, is the dude was a fundraiser, not a journalist. He's not held to the same journalistic standards (And aren't conservatives the ones who get all up in arms over privacy issues? They won't cooperate with the Census, but they're fine secretly taping a business lunch solely in an effort to attack someone?)

Frankly I'm fine with her ouster, because her actions in suspending him show her cowardice. You're really going to break your back apologizing to a bunch of activists masquerading as Muslims? (And that's another thing? Why did they need to go as Muslims? Are the O'Keefe nuthuggers insinuating that doing businiess with people who aren't white Americans is bad? "Look! He's with a Muslim! Look!") And we haven't even seen the unedited tape yet. O'Keefe's bunch have already been busted editting video.

But on the positive side, I found this refreshing:

Liberal Controversy: Man has and intelligent conversation at a businesss lunch
Conservative Controversy: Diddling pages, Rent Boys, and Toe-tapping in airport bathroom stalls

#5 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Dumbasses misrepresenting themselves attacking respectable journalistic institutions. Don't love it.

My main beef with this, is the dude was a fundraiser, not a journalist. He's not held to the same journalistic standards (And aren't conservatives the ones who get all up in arms over privacy issues? They won't cooperate with the Census, but they're fine secretly taping a business lunch solely in an effort to attack someone?)

Frankly I'm fine with her ouster, because her actions in suspending him show her cowardice. You're really going to break your back apologizing to a bunch of activists masquerading as Muslims? (And that's another thing? Why did they need to go as Muslims? Are the O'Keefe nuthuggers insinuating that doing businiess with people who aren't white Americans is bad? "Look! He's with a Muslim! Look!") And we haven't even seen the unedited tape yet. O'Keefe's bunch have already been busted editting video.

But on the positive side, I found this refreshing:

Liberal Controversy: Man has and intelligent conversation at a businesss lunch
Conservative Controversy: Diddling pages, Rent Boys, and Toe-tapping in airport bathroom stalls

Weeellll....ok maybe.

I'm not sure I give a damn about who is bangin whom, but I'm not real cool with the hypocrisy of family values and anti-gay legislation and THEN going bathroom stall....so I get your point.

HOWEVER, I did NOT appreciate the NPR people and their fawning over these posers and their "cause".

Makes me question both their integrity as journalists and (at the risk of sounding like a jingoist) as Americans.

So again, it looks like I pretty much hate everybody for everything, and unlike most, can't drum up much sympathy for either side of the political spectrum.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

Weeellll....ok maybe.

I'm not sure I give a damn about who is bangin whom, but I'm not real cool with the hypocrisy of family values and anti-gay legislation and THEN going bathroom stall....so I get your point.

HOWEVER, I did NOT appreciate the NPR people and their fawning over these posers and their "cause".

Makes me question both their integrity as journalists and (at the risk of sounding like a jingoist) as Americans.

So again, it looks like I pretty much hate everybody for everything, and unlike most, can't drum up much sympathy for either side of the political spectrum.

You have to remember the standard response in this forum is (if our side did it) "no big deal" (if the other side did it) "HANG THEM!"

#7 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,023 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

Trying to keep some of their public funding.

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

Just change one letter...pubic television. Funding would be no problem.

#9 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

The Tea Party and their Rape Boat gotcha journalism are the 4chan of the real world.

#10 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,503 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Just change one letter...pubic television. Funding would be no problem.

wat

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

This must be big - I mean Libya is in flames, theres budget battles all over the country, theres an outed GOP Congressman - again, Discovery just got back from it's last flight - but this is the TOP Fox News.com story

#12 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All these media lies and bias are just driving people to change their media outlets. Alternative media ftw!

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

btw...he's released the entire interviews..

I find it hilarious you all continue to crash on O'Keefe...who's successfully brought down 2 and potentially 3 high-ranking NPR execs, countless ACORN people, and in conjunction with Live Action a bunch of PP people too. Even to the point their funding is being voted on. Is he perfect? No. Did he learn his lessons on a couple of situations? Sure. It's not like he rigged a truck to explode, but people still watch NBC news right?

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

You have to remember the standard response in this forum is (if our side did it) "no big deal" (if the other side did it) "HANG THEM!"

Dunno, I think Hang Them is a typical right wing response

#15 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Kiss them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com